• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Tories have 'killed buy-to-let for the middle-classes'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
    4 Bed detached in Milton Keynes, not up north and only 30 minutes on the train into London, £250k! 4 bedroom detached house for sale in Coles Avenue, Leadenhall, Milton Keynes, MK6

Two people both earning average UK wage of £28k per year monthly take home = £1800 each. Cost to buy a £250k home with a £225k help to buy mortgage is £1000 per month. £3600 total monthly income minus mortgage = £2600 per month to live on after mortgage.

So sorry to me the maths do add up, how is that not affordable? Where is the issue? BTL raped the country, please....
    Dinkies can probably afford better. Make that one wage earner in a family of four and they have £800 per month to live on after the mortgage, which isn't a lot with kids. £1K mortgage is ludicrous for the average person and they still need to save around ~£15K to be able to do it, £40K to get a half decent rate.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      This is general. If there is any respect you are bonkers!

If young people rent they will never be able to afford to buy. It is just wasted money. House prices can only go up - the government will never let the great Ponzi scheme die.

They need to buy something. Anything. Then trade up.
      I totally agree with you, get on the ladder and trade up if and when you can but dont sit there and F***ing moan about it, like its everyone elses problem. There are properties available that are affordable, but if you want to live in Mayfair for £200k your F***ing deluded and need a shot of realism.

Comment

And trying buying commercial property! I looked into it. 40% deposit and rates of 10% No wonder small businesses are stuffed. But government(Tory or Labour) only care about big business and their mega offshore tax scams.

Bring back Maggie or someone else who understands small businesses. Lets make the UK great again.....

Comment

Indeed. Anyone else remember the Northern Rock 125% mortgages? That ended well didn't it? Who was that poster who got creamed on the shares? Cyberman? The one who coined the chutney spoon phrase?
          Who was behind the Northen Crock lending frenzy, let's see...

BBC NEWS | Politics | Brown attacked over Northern Rock

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Who was behind the Northen Crock lending frenzy, let's see...

BBC NEWS | Politics | Brown attacked over Northern Rock

+1

Worst prime minister since Heath. And to be worse than John Major takes some doing.

Comment

I most certainly am not, two of my friends are married teachers in Brighton, one has just graduated, they arent on big money but they have bought a cottage in the country near brighton and are doing quite nicely. They arent whinging about not being able to afford a house in central London.

Yes I do remember the recession, it was caused by rampant interest rates, nothing to do with 95% mortgages. They were giving 100% and up when that was happening.
              I'm not "whinging" for myself, actually, I could easily buy one, if I wanted.

Maybe because your friends don't work in London, they don't worry about not having a property there, or near there .
              If you don't think there is anything wrong with 95% mortgages then I can't help you.

If you don't think an interest rate rise on these 95% mortgages would not lead to homelessness and repossession, then I can't help you there, either.

But as you say, nothing wrong with the housing market, we are all making it up.
              Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 1 December 2015, 10:54.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                I'm not "whinging" for myself, actually, I could easily buy one, if I wanted.

Maybe because your friends don't work in London, they don't worry about not having a property there, or near there .
                If you don't think there is anything wrong with 95% mortgages then I can't help you.

If you don't think an interest rate rise on these 95% mortgages would not lead to homelessness and repossession, then I can't help you there, either.

But as you say, nothing wrong with the housing market, we are all making it up.
                The might get reposed. But the huge gains will pay for a few nice holidays. Then one simply goes on the dole and claims housing benefits. Simples.

Comment

The might get reposed. But the huge gains will pay for a few nice holidays. Then one simply goes on the dole and claims housing benefits. Simples.
                  Nothing wrong there then.

Perfect .
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

4 Bed detached in Milton Keynes, not up north and only 30 minutes on the train into London, £250k! 4 bedroom detached house for sale in Coles Avenue, Leadenhall, Milton Keynes, MK6

Two people both earning average UK wage of £28k per year monthly take home = £1800 each. Cost to buy a £250k home with a £225k help to buy mortgage is £1000 per month. £3600 total monthly income minus mortgage = £2600 per month to live on after mortgage.

So sorry to me the maths do add up, how is that not affordable? Where is the issue? BTL raped the country, please....
                    I thought 24k was the median wage?

Either way, 225k is 4X combined income which is quite high.

And it's £1000/month with interest rates at .5%. What happens when they bounce back to 2%?

What happens when they have kids and the mum takes time off work?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      The selfie stick generation are "special", their New Labour ejukashion told them all their lives. Now they are all victims.

It's this, or nothing I'm afraid.

8 bedroom detached house for sale in Windlesham Court, Snows Ride, Windlesham, Surrey, GU20, GU20
                      oh they redid the driveway!
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X