• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should the Lords prayer be banned?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    You'll change your tune when a group that practices the rites of the ancient Britons is allowed to show their prayer consisting of three hours of demented banshee wailing while dancing naked covered in woad before the latest Pixar flick.
    Sounds like an ordinary Friday night in Newcastle.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
      I don't know if it's banned per se. Sounds more like its just a business decision. Such an advert would make me enjoy my trip to the cinema less. If they think lots of people would think the same, then showing that advert would be bad for business.
      The BBC has now replaced the word "ban" with "snub" in the headline.

Admin, can you change the thread title to "Should the Lord's Prayer be snubbed?" please

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
        "in this regard, DCM treats all political or religious beliefs equally".

The Reverend Arun Arora, director of communications for the Church of England, said: "We find that really astonishing, disappointing and rather bewildering.
        I don't believe that the CoE should be treated equally. I am a Catholic. But CoE is the English national religion. That should count for something.

Comment

Only two things should be shown before a film.

1) the national anthem. (Audience to stand).

2) Bombay Palace; finest curries made with exotic spies, kingfisher beer, and air conditioning.
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

I would like the Pearl and Dean theme too......

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
              Only two things should be shown before a film.

1) the national anthem. (Audience to stand).

2) Bombay Palace; finest curries made with exotic spies, kingfisher beer, and air conditioning.
              Winchester college seems to be the norm round these parts.

Comment

'Oh LORD, we beseech thee, amen. CRACK TUBES'

what's the problem here ?
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I don't believe that the CoE should be treated equally. I am a Catholic. But CoE is the English national religion. That should count for something.
                  So private businesses should be able to be forced to show broadcasts by the official state religion? (That"s the context of the thread).

Comment

I don't think anyone has suggested the advertisers should be forced. Only that they were wrong to decline to show the advert ("ban" it). As a side issue, they are also breaking their contract with CoE.

Comment

demented banshee wailing while dancing naked covered in woad
                      I like the sound of that one! Us Satanists should be able to show ads of us kissing goats' ar*es too!
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X