• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I need a winter coat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    It's just snobbery, don't worry about it.
    "just"?

NCOTBAC
    I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Probably true, if being a a contractor means basing your identity on your income and self-worth on showing other people how wealthy you are.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
        The Italian ladies (who know a thing or two about fashion) at work tell me that they want to take me home for fornication everytime they see me in my HB suit
        Holland and Barrett do suits?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          Like FLC has ever been in Holland and Barrett. He meant his suit with HP stains down the front from his bacon and sausage breakfast buttie.

Comment

Was in London over the weekend and, I'll admit it, I enjoy shopping and used to enjoy popping over once a year because you could get pretty good stuff and there was a variety. Seems that way no longer but did pick up some nice shirts from Penguin (I like them because it makes me look geeky yet strangely fashionable) and the rest was non-standard like a beautiful Paisley silk shirt and a Gabbachi vintage cord shirt from a small mod outfit who also measured me up for a really rather spiffing 3 piece purple mohair suit which will match one of the new pairs of DMs I also picked up. Also bought 2 packets of stick on mustaches for some strange reason

(also the trip involved being filmed by the BBC at a small venue/party with members of The Boys and Hollywood Brats but I was wearing Desigual that evening...)

I forgot, I do have a nice coat from Nicole Farhi which was priced at 2 grand but picked it up in the sales for 700, actually I have quite a few coats but hardly wear them tending more to just jackets. Current faves are a Paul Smith bomber jacket and a Pepe one along with a very resilient Swiss thingy...
            Last edited by darmstadt; 17 November 2015, 19:16.
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

My winter coat is a 3/4 length Jaeger coat - £15 in a charity shop. Brand new.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                Home Bargains?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                  The Italian ladies (who know a thing or two about fashion) at work tell me that they want to take me home for fornication everytime they see me in my HB suit

Comment

Working...
                  X