• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I need a winter coat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I'm more interested in the cute Spanish lady to be honest.
    Welcome back shrimpy haven't seen you for a while.

Presumably if you're buying a 700 quid coat she's already moist and you're quids in.
    Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

I get the investment pieces etc.... But for that I'd be going bespoke not off the rack.

I have a few bits, bespoke wetsuit was over 500, it's perfect and will last years.

Comment

What does your accountant think?

Comment

Men's clothes are crap. Impossible to find a casual jacket that does not look like an anorak.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Just trawl charity shops in affluent areas and you'll find designer and top-notch cloths for virtually nothing... the good stuff lasts for decades.

I'm in the North so our charity shops are just full of flat caps and whippets though
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Men's clothes are crap. Impossible to find a casual jacket that does not look like an anorak.
              This. Actually men's clothing in general (unless you go seriously hunting) are appalling. Shoes as an example - go to any town centre shopping and you'll see women have 10,000 options in style, colour quality etc

Men have 3 choices in 2 colours, all the same in every shop. Unless you're looking for neon coloured plimsolls.

I don't mind seriously hunting BTW, I just think it's damn inconvenient but then again it must reflect demand which suggests nearly everyone is a boring bastard with no desire to dress well whatsoever.
              I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Just trawl charity shops in affluent areas and you'll find designer and top-notch cloths for virtually nothing... the good stuff lasts for decades.

I'm in the North so our charity shops are just full of flat caps and whippets though

In my early 20's I found a Prince of Wales Burberry in a Wilmslow charity shop. I paid £7.
                I still own it.
                I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
                  In my early 20's I found a Prince of Wales Burberry in a Wilmslow charity shop. I paid £7.
                  I still own it.
                  Funny you should say that, my mate found an unworn one, for a similar price, in an Oxfam.
                  We were all so jealous of it, at the time.

I believe he just wanted to look like Sting, when on his Vespa
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

To the charity shops!
                    Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
                      To the charity shops!
                      For goodness sake, you are a contractor. Have some pride and go to a proper shop.

Comment

Working...
                      X