• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Laydeez -register your opinion here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not so sure about this my money her money thing. Got mates who've had real strife because of this sort of thing.

When me and Mrs PC met she worked in a bank on £6K a year. I worked in IT on more than double. If we'd split the bills down the middle then she'd have had zero left and I would have been minted each month. Didn't seem fair. I'm not a bread head person so I just looked after the money, chucked it all in together, and she went with the flow.

Now of course, the gap is bigger. With kids, she works part-time. What do those of you with kids do - expect partner to still pay their half? I know a mate who tried this and his mrs said fair enough then you need to pay your half of me doing childcare. Bad idea - wont ever work IMHO.

So with us all the money goes into one pot. My mrs takes no interest whatsoever which I've always found weird. Tried over the years to get her to take an interest but no. Shes happy to not spend, let me sort it all out, and to basically ask me if we can afford something. Shes pretty good mostly.

Will buy crap constantly but won't rock up one day having spent £hundreds on something.

Still can't believe this £100 week thing though. Our spend every month is over £3K. Can't go back permie now I wouldnt earn enough lol.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      Is that a week ? we were talking weeks

show your workings LADDIE!!

tweaks doogie up ontp his tippy toes by his sidies
      Months EO. Only people on benefits work week-to-week
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Still can't believe this £100 week thing though. Our spend every month is over £3K. Can't go back permie now I wouldnt earn enough lol.
        Blimey I'm a permie and earn over that. Obviously in the right job!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
        X