• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Laydeez -register your opinion here"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Still can't believe this £100 week thing though. Our spend every month is over £3K. Can't go back permie now I wouldnt earn enough lol.
    Blimey I'm a permie and earn over that. Obviously in the right job!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Is that a week ? we were talking weeks

show your workings LADDIE!!

tweaks doogie up ontp his tippy toes by his sidies
    Months EO. Only people on benefits work week-to-week

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Not so sure about this my money her money thing. Got mates who've had real strife because of this sort of thing.

When me and Mrs PC met she worked in a bank on £6K a year. I worked in IT on more than double. If we'd split the bills down the middle then she'd have had zero left and I would have been minted each month. Didn't seem fair. I'm not a bread head person so I just looked after the money, chucked it all in together, and she went with the flow.

Now of course, the gap is bigger. With kids, she works part-time. What do those of you with kids do - expect partner to still pay their half? I know a mate who tried this and his mrs said fair enough then you need to pay your half of me doing childcare. Bad idea - wont ever work IMHO.

So with us all the money goes into one pot. My mrs takes no interest whatsoever which I've always found weird. Tried over the years to get her to take an interest but no. Shes happy to not spend, let me sort it all out, and to basically ask me if we can afford something. Shes pretty good mostly.

Will buy crap constantly but won't rock up one day having spent £hundreds on something.

Still can't believe this £100 week thing though. Our spend every month is over £3K. Can't go back permie now I wouldnt earn enough lol.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Joint account. Horrible idea.

If Mrs MF ever got her hands on our joint cash it would be frittered away on crap in no time. She has no concept of money.
    They're all like that....

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    and no man - hating please. That's MF's job

nearly 20 years ago I moved in with mrs EO and we split all the common bills in half. just running costs.
    house insurance
    food
    gas and lekky
    ground rent
    council tax
    water
    TV licence
    sky rental
    phone

and it came to £5200 or £100 per week. So I coughed up 60 pw. The idea being that she was struggling, eventually inflation would catch up, then she would be carrying me for a few years, then we would review the numbers to make it fair once again.

that time has now arrived.
    so what do you reckon ? will I get my @rse burned ?
    £100 a week for all this?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    if only it was her choice, the cuffs didn't show under the Bouquet.
    A new twist on matching cuffs and collars. Both made of iron.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Well Ladeez, the results are in.

and fascinating they are too.

It seems that ALL the bills bar one have remained roughly stable over the last 15 years or so (give or take a little inflation)

The ONE exception has been the food and household consumables bill, which has nearly doubled.
    Now that is a surprise, considering I now do most of the cooking and paying for delivery currys.

However, the numbers don't lie. so tomorrow I'll be upping my debit to 120 quids.

God bless my missus
    and may God bless all who sail in her

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Hmmm... round guesstimate figures

£100 for electricity and gas
    £50 for water
    £50 for phone/internet/TV
    £100 for cars insurance, tax, MOT, upkeep
    £100 for fuel
    £50 for mobile phones
    £200 for council tax

So ball-park that's £650 before you account for rent/mortgage & food, clothes, stuff like health insurance.
    Is that a week ? we were talking weeks

show your workings LADDIE!!

tweaks doogie up ontp his tippy toes by his sidies

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Hmmm... round guesstimate figures

£100 for electricity and gas
    £50 for water
    £50 for phone/internet/TV
    £100 for cars insurance, tax, MOT, upkeep
    £100 for fuel
    £50 for mobile phones
    £200 for council tax

So ball-park that's £650 before you account for rent/mortgage & food, clothes, stuff like health insurance.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    We have a joint account for bills. We both lob a couple of hundred a month into it and go out for a nice meal when there's enough of a surplus.

It's not difficult.
    Gawd, we put a grand each in, and it still comes up short! I must be doing something wrong! Ah yes, kids...

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    We have a joint account for bills. We both lob a couple of hundred a month into it and go out for a nice meal when there's enough of a surplus.

It's not difficult.
    aha. thanks for that. I put 250 in, so I am not so far out

anyways, We'll do the numbers and I'll report back

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Your choice. You didn't have to marry her.
    if only it was her choice, the cuffs didn't show under the Bouquet.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied

It's not difficult.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Joint account. Horrible idea.

If Mrs MF ever got her hands on our joint cash it would be frittered away on crap in no time. She has no concept of money.
    Your choice. You didn't have to marry her.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    FTFY

If Mrs MF ever got her hands on our joint cash she would do a runner with it, from me, in no time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X