• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crackdown on personal service companies could raise £400m in tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One IT contractor, who preferred to remain anonymous, told us: "I intend to bend over and take it without lube, whining to my MP who will do nothing"

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Thanks for the link.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by seeourbee View Post
        Yes, rates staying the same assumed. I know there's the threshold, that's why I took the £60k above £40k
        Ooooh do a calculation based on a contractor going back to a permie job so you see what the difference is then.
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

I tried that and my Excel crashed, the house started rumbling and very dark clouds appeared outside my window. Not doing that again.

Comment

I tried that and my Excel crashed, the house started rumbling and very dark clouds appeared outside my window. Not doing that again.
            Ahhh the sound of permiedoom then
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              One IT contractor, who preferred to remain anonymous, told us: "I intend to bend over and take it without lube, whining to my MP who will do nothing"

HTH
              Any better suggestions would be appreciated..

Comment

In all seriousness though, it's a personal calculation as the benefit or disadvantage changes depending on what salary you take and what you leave in the company. Does that make sense ?

Comment

this is all just huge amounts of arse.

Corporation tax + VAT is a tidy sum for HMRC...
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Of course, that's why they want to introduce it. No ones disputing that.

Comment

In all seriousness though, it's a personal calculation as the benefit or disadvantage changes depending on what salary you take and what you leave in the company. Does that make sense ?
                      Nope. You won't get to leave any money in the company as the client or agency will be paying you via PAYE for the whole amount of your 'invoice' as I understand it anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X