• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This is not what we should be doing to our doctors...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's sad that someone has lost control of their lives and let things get on top of them- It seems to me just possible that she's in a mess of her own making. It can happen to anyone.

Medical degrees continue to be massively oversubscribed.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

This is not what we should be doing to our doctors...

She's quitting because the 30% pay cut Jeremy hunt is bringing in will destroy her life, and the lives of many other doctors. So when you rock up to A&E and bleed to death because there isn't enough cover, maybe the salary cuts weren't such a good idea eh...

Honestly, the Tories are a bunch of idiots. Idiots! And the people who vote Tories are even bigger idiots.
      Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 22 October 2015, 12:06.
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
        GPs are paid in excess of 150K these days for prescribing pain killers. Most doctors earn more than 100K.
        I would suggest you provide valid sources for your bulltulip, but there's no point because you won't be able to, as there aren't any.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          It's sad that someone has lost control of their lives and let things get on top of them- It seems to me just possible that she's in a mess of her own making. It can happen to anyone.

Medical degrees continue to be massively oversubscribed.
          Nobody expects being a doctor to be an easy job. As she's nearly forty, she's been doing it long enough to know what's what.

Which is more likely: that it's "a mess of her own making" or that the circumstances under which she is expected to work have changed drastically for the worse?

Comment

This seems to be nothing to do with being a doctor :-

I’m nearly 40 years old and I have a six-year medical degree, a BSc, an MD and membership of the Royal College of Surgeons. I also have two children, debts which make me sick with worry each month, a marriage which is likely over and a good going stomach ulcer.

You can't have a high powered career and fully look after kids.

That is true for a man or a woman.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I’m nearly 40 years old and I have a six-year medical degree, a BSc, an MD and membership of the Royal College of Surgeons. I also have two children, debts which make me sick with worry each month, a marriage which is likely over and a good going stomach ulcer.

But it's the 30% pay cut that is the nail in the coffin.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                But it's the 30% pay cut that is the nail in the coffin.
                It's not a pay cut; they're just not paying them extra for working past 7pm - 10pm any more.

If you wanted a 9-5 job you probably shouldn't have become a doctor.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  It's not a pay cut; they're just not paying them extra for working past 7pm - 10pm any more.

If you wanted a 9-5 job you probably shouldn't have become a doctor.
                  Best not get sick out of hours then!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

It sounds like her imminent divorce isn't helping matters, even if only from a financial standpoint.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X