• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "This is not what we should be doing to our doctors..."

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    tax contractors more
    You could always take up the tory call of being self employed and then you too could pay the same amount of tax as a contractor You could also then have the same amount of aggro, pain and worries that a contractor has

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    tax contractors more

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    watch the 1% piss off to Monaco and leave everyone else to pay taxes. The Corporates & Banks have already done it.

For example right wing media scum

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    watch the 1% piss off to Monaco and leave everyone else to pay taxes. The Corporates & Banks have already done it.

As they all pay **** all in taxes anyway, **** the lot of 'em. If the best we can get out of them is twenty quid from their back pockets as they leave, let's have the twenty quid.

But of course they don't actually leave, do they? They like to say they will, and make out it matters if they do; but they don't, and it doesn't. IIRC Jim Davidson ****ed off for a little while, but nobody gave a tulip.

**** 'em all. They're irrelevant. Tax the 1% to the hilt and beyond. The simple fact is that those who used to make x and will now make y where y < x won't actually **** off; they'll stay because x - y > 0.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    They are already in Monaco, and most importantly - most of them got inherited wealth that does not get taxed.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Tax the plutocrats. Tax the big corporates, Tax the banks, Tax the 1%.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Tax the plutocrats. Tax the big corporates, Tax the banks, Tax the 1%.
    tax contractors more

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    This doctor is in a mess.
    The NHS is in a mess.

The first may be the cause of the first in this instance. It may not. There is insufficient information in the article to draw a conclusion one way or the other. Any conclusion drawn is merely an indication of your own biases.
    But this is not the only article written by a doctor that has been published which is in the same vein. I mean have a look at the figures for doctors who are applying for that certificate so that they can practice in another country, it has shot up dramatically in the last few months. This government are running the NHS down and I seriously think they want to privatise it, but then that's nothing new. The Americans I've been working with this week are absolutely astounded by this action and have been regaling me with horror stories of American health care....

However I think that this government really want to nationalise most things, just not by their own country, see French energy industry (the main company are majority owned by the French government) and now the Chinese with their power companies which seeing as its a communist country are pretty much state run

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by alphadog View Post
    She sounds like she made some very poor choices earlier in her life which have resulted in her being in a very difficult personal position today. That is a shame and I do feel for her.

As for doctors earning a pittance, I just don't buy it at all. I've read too many stories about nurses who rake in 1000 quid a day and GP's who take home 250k to feel any sympathy on that front.
    The people raking in the money are the agencies not the staff doing the work - sound familiar?

While I do know 2 GPs who earned 200K, most GPs are now salaried and earn a lot less. However due to earning less, not owning and not running the practice - being an employee in other words - most have got sensible and decided to work part -time and live accordingly.

In regards to junior doctors their pay hasn't increased loads over the past decade. That's because they are doing less hours due to the working time directive. Before then junior doctors were earning a couple of grand less but working around 80 hours a week so it appeared they were on a high wage until you worked out the number of hours worked.

I actually know women in the NHS with children and high ranking roles including consultants. Some of them relied heavily on their husbands while climbing the ladder, while others got there and were lucky enough to still be able to have children. Also some women I know where told if they didn't have children asap in their early 20's they risked never being able to have them. (I also know women who were told they were infertile.) So saying someone made poor choices when you don't know enough about their life story just makes you look both callous and ignorant.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The divorce and child care difficulties caused by the stress of working in a healthcare system that is being deliberately crippled by this government, and of being unable to afford a home anywhere near the hospital she works in?.
    This doctor is in a mess.
    The NHS is in a mess.

The first may be the cause of the first in this instance. It may not. There is insufficient information in the article to draw a conclusion one way or the other. Any conclusion drawn is merely an indication of your own biases.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    As for doctors earning a pittance, I just don't buy it at all. I've read too many stories about nurses who rake in 1000 quid a day and GP's who take home 250k to feel any sympathy on that front.
    You shouldn't let yourself be taken in by that crap: Most doctors are not paid six figure sums, figures show - Telegraph

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    "Up to 30%"

Even the most radical revolting junior doctors don't think they're all getting a 30% pay cut, so why do you?
    This...

http://www.theguardian.com/global/20...ment-of-health

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2...plainer-health

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...ct-concessions

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I've read too many stories about agencies who rake in 1000 quid a day and one off brain surgeon GP's who take home 250k to feel any sympathy on that front.
    FTFY

Young doctors are basically abused in the system - it's like trainee solicitors only they have to work a lot longer per week and much longer overall before they become "proper" doctors. Totally fooked up morally wrong system, especially considering responsibility those "young" doctors have to bear.

Leave a comment:

• alphadog
    replied
    She sounds like she made some very poor choices earlier in her life which have resulted in her being in a very difficult personal position today. That is a shame and I do feel for her.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    So what happened to all the key worker homes that would supposed to alleviate the problem, are they in short supply
    MPs got their houses well sorteeeeeeeeed, thank you very much

Leave a comment:

Working...
X