• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's you hit rate?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Forgot password for your MarillionFan ID ?
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Are you MF's sockie?
    39/40

40 Interviews, 39 gigs over 20 years.

Used to be undefeated, but came 'a second' about 6 years ago for a grand a day gig, when I was told I didn't have enough 'executive' experience.

Got it now though, in spades!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      39/40

Used to be undefeated, but came 'a second' about 6 years ago for a grand a day gig, when I was told I didn't have enough 'executive' experience.

Got it now though, in spades!

Comment

**** knows how they decide who and who not to interview because I seem to miss out on some perfect roles, but if I can get an interview I'm pretty much sorted. I've only ever not been offered a role after an interview once in my life - and that was the time I fell out with and argued with the foreign consultancy interviewer who messed me around and then wasted my time with stupid questions.

In all fairness though, I've had a pretty linear career path and I don't bulltulip so if they're taking the time to talk to me I'm probably the right person.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
          **** knows how they decide who and who not to interview because I seem to miss out on some perfect roles, but if I can get an interview I'm pretty much sorted. I've only ever not been offered a role after an interview once in my life - and that was the time I fell out with and argued with the foreign consultancy interviewer who messed me around and then wasted my time with stupid questions.

In all fairness though, I've had a pretty linear career path and I don't bulltulip so if they're taking the time to talk to me I'm probably the right person.
          WHS

Getting an interview is the tricky bit. You'll spend a lot of time chasing gigs, fake or real, but once I got an interview I was always super confident I'd get it on my technical skills over others as I also bought business skills

Not sure that would be the case now if I went back into the fray as my technical skills are pretty weak these days

Comment

Not sure that would be the case now if I went back into the fray as my technical skills are pretty weak these days
            Yes, back in the day I had a six pack, was the best flanker at my school Rugby, famous for shagging 16 ladies of my batch at Uni and a lot more.

Comment

39/40

I do believe you.

You attended 40 interviews and 39 of them told you to go and shave bull's balls. One of them decided to hire you and set a precedent in the company. Do you still work for Fanny May ?

Comment

Just because you've been on the bench all summer desperately looking for a contract, sitting there at your kitchen table with your laptop for hours on end, rocking back and forth, sucking your thumb and sobbing to the missus about how life is so unfair and reminiscing about when you used to stick your head up other men's arses, just remember that some of us on here are always downright successful.

Comment

Just because you've been on the bench all summer desperately looking for a contract, sitting there at your kitchen table with your laptop for hours on end, rocking back and forth, sucking your thumb and sobbing to the missus about how life is so unfair and reminiscing about when you used to stick your head up other men's arses, just remember that some of us on here always think we are downright successful.
                  FTFY

I'll let Suity reply to that insult

Comment

I must admit it does seem to be random how you get selected for interview. I've had roles spot on no interview, and then had interviews for roles I've got not a lot of experience.

Same with attending interview. Sometimes you turn up, and after 5 mins you know its in the bag, sometimes you know its a non runner. And then sometimes you think nah and you get offered.

Best type of interviews are where its a short, unstructured get to know you friendly chat. Worse type are technical ones where they ask stupid obscure questions to catch you (worse of these being a panel of Bobs = nightmare as they all show off to each other!)
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                      I do believe you.

You attended 40 interviews and 39 of them told you to go and shave bull's balls. One of them decided to hire you and set a precedent in the company. Do you still work for Fanny May ?
                      Complete tulipe this "I've got all the gigs I ever went for interview for". Complete and utter tulipe.

I reckon my hit rate is about 25% at best. I've been for interviews where I know it was never going to happen.

Had one where the realed off 40 questions on 4 different subjects (2 of which I knew nothing about and didn't have on my CV). I still had 25/40! but they gave to the highest scorer.

And I've had Bob interviews where they've asked the most stupid obscure questions known to man. Then you see it back on jobserve time and time again as the Bobs try to find someone whos 'perfect'.
                      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X