• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Official CUK bench - Late Summer 2015

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it too late to join?

Finished last gig at the end of August, only just getting around to realising I am benched.

Comment

A contractor acquaintence (late fifties) told me recently he had more or less retired and just planned from now on to pick up ad hoc contracts when he fancied one. It made me realise I was pretty much in that boat. I still look for contracts but I'm always secretly delighted when it ends.

Comment

Can I join? Benched from end of this month....
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

New contract
          Lead developer gone.
          PM going next month
          BA going next month

Project may not be far behind.

Save me a spot in January.
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Bristol gig all gone quiet. Email from this morning to recruiter not been replied to. I don't like it when this happens. The interviews are done and dusted, I've done all I can do ... It's like those knobs in Wolverhampton that dicked me around all summer only to tell me weeks later that they didn't win the business.

Supposed to interview for a gig in Newcastle this afternoon. Still waiting for my interview time......

Everything is so fractious at the moment. Promises are lies, handshakes welshed on, gentlemen's agreements not worth a fig, I'll get back to you means you'll never hear from me again.

Money just isn't moving. Project start dates continually kicked down the road.

Bit furking fed up if you hadn't guessed.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Not if you get your arse on JSA

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

No. It's for contractors.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

Everything is so fractious at the moment. Promises are lies, handshakes welshed on, gentlemen's agreements not worth a fig, I'll get back to you means you'll never hear from me again.
                  Nothing new there.

Comment

Just noticed today's the anniversary of my first day at ExClientCorp. To think, a year ago I went up there thinking I'd probably enjoy it; like a lamb to the slaughter

Comment

Yep, like most new gigs; you go in wide-eyed and keen to please only to find the same bunch of pinky-ring fingered fek wits as the last lot

Comment

Working...
                      X