• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Perm - Hmmm How much tax?????

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    ...and performance reviews.
    That depends where you work. Some companies actually use these usefully and listen to you, others they are a 5 minute formality "how are you doing" over coffee.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

get a good employer and move to WFH.

life can be good.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
        + it sounds like less travel time, cheaper commute, less time away from home
        This is why I'm considering it - I still love contracting, but the salary they're looking at isn't a million miles way from 10 months work and it'll hopefully mean a lot more time at home. Given that my August work fell through last week and I've already got a couple of weeks scrubbed out for proper holidays the thought of sitting back and having the money fall into my bank account each and every month is kind of appealing. Yes I could earn more on a good year and I could absolutely sweep up if I got a decent rate close to home, but the reality is that most of work means travel and hotels.

Remember, as well, PS that the £3500 is post all tax. Once I took into account the reality of my utilisation time and then hitting the upper tax bracket it actually looked a lot closer.

Comment

Will you be able to sign on during your paid holidays

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            It is if you live in a country with no extradition treaty to the UK.
            Or even if you live in one with an extradition treaty. They can extradite you and put you in prison - but they can't get at the money.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              Dear wife is back to work in another role for now. Not in the best health but shes not going to get better so we'll see how it goes.

Possibly another reason why a local job would be better for me. At the moment, Im miles away with no WFH ever. Hassle with childcare at times it will be.
              Get a local permie job, for the security,
              http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                Will you be able to sign on during your paid holidays
                Now that would be good - or ESA or PIP maybe?
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Training and opportunity for career advancement......
                  That's why i went contracting. Never received a single day's training in 8 years as a permie, at 3 different employers.

Comment

I've never received any training as a permie.

However PermieCo. are giving me the opurtunity of career advancement by making me redundant.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                      However PermieCo. are giving me the opurtunity of career advancement by making me redundant.
                      Congratulations! Free at last!

Comment

Working...
                      X