• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Perm - Hmmm How much tax?????

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Training and opportunity for career advancement......
    for the training for the career advancement.

for closing the company and getting at your money in the company account.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      for the training for the career advancement.

for closing the company and getting at your money in the company account.
      It's not your money when it's in the company account
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It is if you live in a country with no extradition treaty to the UK.

Comment

Other benefit its not worrying about IR35 and what else the tax man will do, once a month money hits my account and my pension etc and that's it. It is hard finding permy work on ok money vs contracting not going to lie, other option is contract to perm at same client you can tend to secure good permy £ on that but then IR35 could be an issue if you operated outside for that contract.
          I like big butts and I cannot lie.

Comment

If it cuts out long commuting time, pays reasonably well, Isn't chock full of s, and comes with the full private medical+pension+holidays+bonus+share scheme package I say take it.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              It is if you live in a country with no extradition treaty to the UK.
              Do you think Scotland will have one of these?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

True enough. I'll have to see what these benefits are I think.

Always a bit dubious when they say "up to". Had this a few years ago - it was similar, I had a few interviews then got a letter offering me £32K. Apparently, agency later told me that client was put out that I'd 'wasted their time by not accepting' even though I pointed out the original discussion was re: £60K. Still not sure if this was client of agency lying here.
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

After paying the appropriate taxes and stuff, obv.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Not uncommon to have a bonus at certain levels as well.....and take a long stint on the bench off your current income as well.. yadda yadda

But still, you have to remember this is the norm and we are lucky. A lot of these posts about not going back perm for more than £120k etc forget all this. Won't be as attractive in a few years time either so never take it for granted. It's gonna hurt in future years if you do. 60k puts you in the top 5% of earners in the UK so it's not to be poo pooed. It doesn't help that your wife doesn't work either so you are only talking about your personal income..

Just another pointless moan about your life really then. Off to General with you....
                    Dear wife is back to work in another role for now. Not in the best health but shes not going to get better so we'll see how it goes.

Possibly another reason why a local job would be better for me. At the moment, Im miles away with no WFH ever. Hassle with childcare at times it will be.
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                      True enough. I'll have to see what these benefits are I think.

Always a bit dubious when they say "up to". Had this a few years ago - it was similar, I had a few interviews then got a letter offering me £32K. Apparently, agency later told me that client was put out that I'd 'wasted their time by not accepting' even though I pointed out the original discussion was re: £60K. Still not sure if this was client of agency lying here.
                      Are you sure that you're not sure? Some clients are able to move their lips without lying.

Comment

Working...
                      X