• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That's it, no more Top Gear for me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

None of these people I can warm to. Going to be very sterile.

Bit like hiring an all contractor team, masses of testosterone and great knowledge, but where are the idiots you can laugh at?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      What about Suzi? I had grown to like her after a dubious start.
      Suzi ruled herself out of both F1 and Top Gear; so I read. Steve Jones (who?) is rumoured to be the new F1 presenter.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Well he used to be a racing driver, and has run an F1 team, F3000 team, amongst others. He's not a mechanic but compared to most people I reckon he probably knows a bit (I read his autobiography recently)

I assume this means he's not doing F1 for C4.
        He's also the drummer in "Eddie and the Robbers" who are a pretty good band if you get to see them (they do a lot of charity gigs and played at Carfest South last year)
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

They need presenters that are odd, funny and self effacing. cars are just a prop.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            They need presenters that are odd, funny and self effacing. cars are just a prop.
            ^This.

Otherwise they may as well rebrand it as "Horizon - The science behind perfect cars"

Comment

Matt's pretty cool but I can't see him agreeing to slum it in Uzbekistan.

EJ is the closest to JC in that line-up; outspoken and constantly putting his foot in it. A bit of a dinosaur in today's F1 world.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Some of these appointments look a little desperate. Matt is great but, being the big Hollywood star, is he really going to let Chris Evans be the boss? And who is going to do the writing? Clarkson is a writer by profession, and a good one. Now of this lot are (?).

As somebody said above, it looks like a zoo format. Good on radio, but on TV?

Comment

Sabine's fitter than Captain Slow and The Hamster. I'm in.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    Sabine's fitter than Captain Slow and The Hamster. I'm in.
                    You have some seriously low standards.....

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      You have some seriously low standards.....
                      I've been married over 15 years; what do you expect?
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X