• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Holiday hotels to work from

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCoconutDog View Post
    Hi. Don't have a direct recommendation as such, but wondering if something from Wifivox - Pocket Wifi rental in Spain. Connect anywhere you go with our prepaid Wifi! would fit the bill?
    Thank you! At last a sensible reply...... Much appreciated. Can't be doing with some of the winkers on here.

Comment

Get a 3 pay as you go SIM card. Add a £15 bundle to it, which gives you 300 minutes, 3000 texts and all you can eat data. Use it in Spain for free.

As much internet as you need for £15.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Davejacks999 View Post
        Thank you! At last a sensible reply...... Much appreciated. Can't be doing with some of the winkers on here.
        That will rely on mobile broadband, I don't know how widespread that is in touristy places.

It can be worth checking with the Tourist Information service in the town/area you want to target for a holiday, they may have info on hotels.

The other option is renting a villa, some of those will offer connectivity, you can shop around on that basis.

As I said so long as the client is happy with remote working and there are no security concerns then it's quite possible to do successfully.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Get a 3 pay as you go SIM card. Add a £15 bundle to it, which gives you 300 minutes, 3000 texts and all you can eat data. Use it in Spain for free.

As much internet as you need for £15.
          It won't give you tethered data any more. So it's good if you want email and music on your phone no good for pulling documents to you laptop.

That is 1 reason why I wasn't giving a recommendation. The other reason is that we often take 2 rooms and I often find 1 has a brilliant connection and next door an utterly tulip one.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Regus have offices in Spain as well

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Actually not all hotels have good WIFI.
              Not the hotels you can afford, perhaps.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Not the hotels you can afford, perhaps.

I check the Wifi before booking
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  All the more reason not to be working on holiday in my book.
                  Shove your book where the sun doesn't shine

Comment

Working...
                  X