• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When your wife wants a divorce, give her everything she wants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    the interesting thing is...

where are the girls parents when they do this sort of tulipty thing?

Maybe you just need to not pick up women in the cheap section of poundstretcher and if her mum has tattoos move swiftly on?

or do you think it is often more of the spoiled rich bitch who takes lawyer daddy's advice and screws you over?
    Very good questions! IMO :-

1. You never know anyone until they divorce them.
    2. Often the "powers that be" push women down a path that is not right for them - and catastrophic for their children.
    3. Women tend to talk about their feelings. Women do not. This gives the women a huge advantage. I know this is a generalization ("women can't play chess").
    4. There is some truth in this joke :-

A brand new store has just opened that sells Husbands.
    When women go to choose a husband, they have to follow the instructions at the entrance:

You may visit this store ONLY ONCE! There are 6 floors and the value of
    the products increase as you ascend the flights. You may choose any item
    from a particular floor, or may choose to go up to the next floor, but you
    CANNOT go back down except to exit the building.

So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband.

The 1st floor sign on the door reads:
    Floor 1: These men have jobs.
    The 2nd floor sign reads:
    Floor 2: These men have Jobs and Love Kids.
    The 3rd floor sign reads:
    Floor 3: These men have Jobs, Love Kids and are extremely good looking.
    "Wow," she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going.
    She goes to the 4th floor and the sign reads:
    Floor 4: These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Good Looking and help with Housework.
    "Oh, mercy me!" she exclaims, "I can hardly stand it!"
    Still, she goes to the 5th floor and sign reads:
    Floor 5: These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Gorgeous, help with Housework and Have a Strong Romantic Streak.
    She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the 6th floor and the sign reads:
    Floor 6: You are visitor 31,456,012 to this floor.
    There are no men on this floor.
    This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please.
    Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store.

To avoid gender bias charges, the store's owner opens a New Wives store just across the street.

The 1st first floor has wives that love sex.
    The 2nd floor has wives that love sex and have money.
    The 3rd,4th, 5th and 6th floors have never been visited.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Women tend to talk about their feelings. Women do not.
      Very deep.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

That's what your mum said :-P

Comment

Ha ha ha

thats the same as the Unicorn utube about women

Comment

Sometimes I worry that I'm nothing but a hollowed out shell of a human being unable to feel highs or lows, but this thread makes me realise I'm really emotionally well balanced and normal.

Thanks.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

£14.5M house maybe

Air hostess wins £14.5m London mansion from Saudi Arabian using 1882 divorce law | Daily Mail Online

The judge recognised that the woman's standard of living had been 'lavish and exceptional' during the marriage but said that it was 'not reasonable' to expect that to continue.

He added: 'If the wife exceeds this figure, she will have only herself to blame.'

The judge also pointed out that, had it been an entirely English case, the woman would have been entitled to £44million - the figure she originally sought - out of total £287.5million in assets.

He said that even though she was 'clearly not a lady of business', she was the homemaker and mother, which made her contribution to the marriage equal to her husband.

'The authorities make it clear that she is not to be discriminated against for the way in which the parties organised their respective roles,' he said.
              one hopes costs for the case were fully covered by the applicants.
              Last edited by vetran; 21 April 2015, 09:32.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Men won't get married anymore because of ladies argues Denigration of Men, by PETER LLOYD | Daily Mail Online

‘They don’t want to enter into a legal contract with someone who could effectively take half their savings, pension and property when the honeymoon period is over.
                ‘Men aren’t wimping out by staying unmarried or being commitment phobes. They’re being smart.’

Only half! Must be no children...
                Richard Crampton in the Times today says:
                First, if you don’t do something you otherwise would because of a fear of what might go wrong, that strikes me as a pretty handy definition of “wimping out”. Second, statistics show that far from being smart by staying single, bachelor boys are actually being stupid.
                Married men are in general richer, happier, healthier, longer-lived, more rapidly promoted at work and more sexually active than single or cohabiting men...
                and more likely to remarry after divorce than women.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Very good questions! IMO :-

4. There is some truth in this joke :-

A brand new store has just opened that sells Husbands.
                  When women go to choose a husband, they have to follow the instructions at the entrance:

You may visit this store ONLY ONCE! There are 6 floors and the value of
                  the products increase as you ascend the flights. You may choose any item
                  from a particular floor, or may choose to go up to the next floor, but you
                  CANNOT go back down except to exit the building.

So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband.

The 1st floor sign on the door reads:
                  Floor 1: These men have jobs.
                  The 2nd floor sign reads:
                  Floor 2: These men have Jobs and Love Kids.
                  The 3rd floor sign reads:
                  Floor 3: These men have Jobs, Love Kids and are extremely good looking.
                  "Wow," she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going.
                  She goes to the 4th floor and the sign reads:
                  Floor 4: These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Good Looking and help with Housework.
                  "Oh, mercy me!" she exclaims, "I can hardly stand it!"
                  Still, she goes to the 5th floor and sign reads:
                  Floor 5: These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Gorgeous, help with Housework and Have a Strong Romantic Streak.
                  She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the 6th floor and the sign reads:
                  Floor 6: You are visitor 31,456,012 to this floor. ...
                  I assumed it was leading up to the punchline:

These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Gorgeous, help with Housework, and Have a Strong Romantic Streak, and are gay
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Married men are in general richer, happier, healthier, longer-lived, more rapidly promoted at work and more sexually active than single or cohabiting men.
                    Is there are definite cause and effect here?

Only thing I am pleased about from my marriages is the kids.

Comment

Is there are definite cause and effect here?

Only thing I am pleased about from my marriages is the kids.
                      Oh BLESS!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X