• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New role - Permi mentality

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I received things like this I would tell them that I was very sorry but my IR35 insurance company insisted that I did not fill in things which are aimed at perm staff members. I was, of course, very sorry and thought it was utterly stupid but what could I do? The insurance company had spoken.
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Or it's for them to maintain a directory of skills in order to tender for new work (if it's a consultancy or similar). Either way you probably shouldn't be on *that* list.

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
        When I received things like this I would tell them that I was very sorry but my IR35 insurance company insisted that I did not fill in things which are aimed at perm staff members. I was, of course, very sorry and thought it was utterly stupid but what could I do? The insurance company had spoken.
        Ooo I like that....

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          This. Also qualify why.. For example they may use this portal to source internally skilled resources for future projects. Point out you won't be available anyway so a waste of everyone's time. Prove its pointless and they won't peruse it IMO.
          WHS. And also bring in your own toilet paper like NLUK so you don't appear a permie.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
            ...However, In order to not piss the client off I'm considering doing the surveys just to keep things sweet...
            "I'll fill these in if you want me to, but a) I'm not an employee, so I don't see how it's relevant and b) as you pay 27p per hour for my time, is it good value for you?"
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              WHS. And also bring in your own toilet paper like NLUK so you don't appear a permie.
              No no no... I do that because my client only has that Izal paper that scratches my poor little sphincter no end. I bring my own comfort triple ply jojoba infused deluxe comfort roll cause it makes me bum feel warm and cosy and loved.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Why are your posts these days only about bogs / toilet paper / tulip / bumh0le / Suity?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  No no no... I do that because my client only has that Izal paper that scratches my poor little sphincter no end. I bring my own comfort triple ply jojoba infused deluxe comfort roll cause it makes me bum feel warm and cosy and loved.
                  So you must be the rich contractor responsible for this: Gold in faeces 'worth millions' - BBC News

Comment

Working...
                  X