• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New role - Permi mentality"

Collapse

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    No no no... I do that because my client only has that Izal paper that scratches my poor little sphincter no end. I bring my own comfort triple ply jojoba infused deluxe comfort roll cause it makes me bum feel warm and cosy and loved.
    So you must be the rich contractor responsible for this: Gold in faeces 'worth millions' - BBC News

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    WHS. And also bring in your own toilet paper like NLUK so you don't appear a permie.
    Why are your posts these days only about bogs / toilet paper / tulip / bumh0le / Suity?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    WHS. And also bring in your own toilet paper like NLUK so you don't appear a permie.
    No no no... I do that because my client only has that Izal paper that scratches my poor little sphincter no end. I bring my own comfort triple ply jojoba infused deluxe comfort roll cause it makes me bum feel warm and cosy and loved.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
    ...However, In order to not piss the client off I'm considering doing the surveys just to keep things sweet...
    "I'll fill these in if you want me to, but a) I'm not an employee, so I don't see how it's relevant and b) as you pay 27p per hour for my time, is it good value for you?"

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    This. Also qualify why.. For example they may use this portal to source internally skilled resources for future projects. Point out you won't be available anyway so a waste of everyone's time. Prove its pointless and they won't peruse it IMO.

Leave a comment:

• badger7579
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    When I received things like this I would tell them that I was very sorry but my IR35 insurance company insisted that I did not fill in things which are aimed at perm staff members. I was, of course, very sorry and thought it was utterly stupid but what could I do? The insurance company had spoken.
    Ooo I like that....

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Or it's for them to maintain a directory of skills in order to tender for new work (if it's a consultancy or similar). Either way you probably shouldn't be on *that* list.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    When I received things like this I would tell them that I was very sorry but my IR35 insurance company insisted that I did not fill in things which are aimed at perm staff members. I was, of course, very sorry and thought it was utterly stupid but what could I do? The insurance company had spoken.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    yeah this.

It is just someone in HR with to much time on their hands and a directive to 'improve employee engagement'

so to do that they send links with lots of questions in to improve employee engagement - or just piss the few hardworking ones of with more work while the majority use it as an excuse for delivering late.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    This. Also qualify why.. For example they may use this portal to source internally skilled resources for future projects. Point out you won't be available anyway so a waste of everyone's time. Prove its pointless and they won't peruse it IMO.
    yeah this.

It is just someone in HR with to much time on their hands and a directive to 'improve employee engagement'

so to do that they send links with lots of questions in to improve employee engagement - or just piss the few hardworking ones of with more work while the majority will use it as a platform to air their pointless petty minded little niggles.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Decline politely, pointing out you are not a Client Co. employee but a supplier.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Are they anonymous surveys?

Is there any scope for adding comments, "handy for permies but not really suitable for third parties like myself" etc

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Unfortunately its not anti fraud, H&S etc its things to get to know who you are, strengths etc. Permi fluff..
    Decline politely, pointing out you are not a Client Co. employee but a supplier.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    My opinion - fill them in.

If you kick off and refuse you end up looking like you think your something special. Clients don't like this.

Unless its a BIG IR35 thing go with the flow.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Unfortunately its not anti fraud, H&S etc its things to get to know who you are, strengths etc. Permi fluff..
    A polite decline, is the way to go!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X