• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mayor of Rotterdam on poverty, integration, immigration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that because of all the Scottish nationalist terrorists in the Cairngorms?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      It's not a comparison, it is statement of fact.

I don't know what type of English comprehension lessons you were given in the oik school you went to but to clearly you were up the back of the class in the thick class.

I shall repeat it for you again, an English person in civvy street is more likely to die on a Scottish mountain than die at the hands of a Muslim extremist.

That is not a comparison oik boy.
      An individual may have a greater chance of being killed on a Scottish mountain than by an extremist, but that is the fact that enables us all to go about our business in the world knowing that it is pretty unlikely that some chap with a machete is going to pop up and try to behead us.

However, what concerns most people is the chance of an act of terrorism being committed somewhere in our country that will result in the death of innocent people. The chance of that happening to someone else, is quiet likely to be significantly greater than falling off a Munro.

Comment

It's not a comparison, it is statement of fact
        If you want to be pedantic, use of "a greater chance of" makes it a comparison. More to the point, it is a comparison of totally unrelated things.

If there was a significant rise in serious street crime, surely that would be a matter of genuine concern that our authorities should address, or would you simply dismiss it by saying, "You are less likely to be mugged than stung by a bee" ?

What other creed in recent decades, whether religious or political, has been responsible for so much violence and discrimination in so many countries against those who do not conform to its principles? Look at the way Christians are being driven from the Middle East. With all their paid advisors, do you think Prince Charles or the Archbishop of Canterbury would say things that are not true?

Of course, we still have a fairly small Muslim minority in Europe. Wait until it grows and you will see what life is actually like for others, especially those not of the "religions of the book". In "moderate" Jordan for example, recently feted for standing up to ISIS, atheists have a problem getting basic state documents. There is a catalogue of other inequalities in that "moderate" country too, check the US religious freedom reports.

And it is getting worse. Extreme Islamism is growing everywhere, even in in formerly moderate states like Indonesia:

Extremism Overpowering Indonesia
        Radical Islam in Indonesia - Islamism - Terrorism in Indonesia | Indonesia Investments
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I don't know why you keep saying Jordan is moderate when it's stated in many sources it's not.

You seem to forget like the Telegraph, UK PLC has an agenda.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            I don't know why you keep saying Jordan is moderate when it's stated in many sources it's not.
            Agree Katie Price can hardly described as moderate.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
            X