• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Foreign benefit scroungers!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreign benefit scroungers!

Revealed: thousands of Britons on benefits across EU | UK news | The Guardian
    <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Another leftie story to stoke guilt. Instead of feeling less inclined to hark on about foreigners here milking the benefit system we would hope that the other EU countries come down hard on these people just as we should.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      we would hope that the other EU countries come down hard on these people just as we should.
      On people that are down on their luck when times are tough?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

WDAS

good to see the Polish & Lithuanians are doing their part.

The answer is I don't care how many UK nationals are claiming benefit in Spain, I'm not paying for it!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          The answer is I don't care how many UK nationals are claiming benefit in Spain, I'm not paying for it!
          Harsh, but at the same time, true

Maybe we should encourage more of our benefits generational types to bog off abroad and claim in the lands of the EU taxpayer, possibly Scooter will appreciate funding them in his beloved land of the Boxhead.

Comment

Exactly! Only the tax paying plebs can be bothered.
            <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

good to see the Polish & Lithuanians are doing their part.

As a tax avoider you're probably not paying for anybody
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                As a tax avoider you're probably not paying for anybody
                oh I wish, unfortunately I fund plenty.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

oh I wish, unfortunately I fund plenty.
                  We got one of those "where your tax got spent" pie charts for my wife. I think the amount her tax paid towards benefits was very close to what one of our young friends, on benefits, stood to claim that year. It made it feel better that we were "paying to look after our friend"
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    one of our young friends, on benefits
                    You associate with people on benefits? How very enlightened of you.
                    I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Working...
                    X