• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Foreign benefit scroungers!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    There are plenty of jobs for everyone.
    Rubbish! The concept of "job" has died. I want to think that the genuine contractors on this board will agree.

Job creation in this country was fuelled in the 90s, early 2000's, by public spending.
    <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
      But benefits and pensions CAN be dropped. It's actually a virtuous cycle: you save money by not spending it on the poor, then the poor die and you save money on pensions.
      Nope. The majority of welfare costs are spent on people who are on it temporarily.

You need a moderate sized pool of short/moderate term unemployed for a healthy economy. Its the bubbly froth at the sharp end of economic creative destruction and inflation control (no unemployed = no available employees to support new growth = rampant wage increases = rampant inflation). That money the real contractors have tucked away would need to be making double-digit returns each year to stop it being worthless.

Not to mention dead people don't go back to work and start paying taxes/ buying goods and services when they find another job.

Then, of course, you have to face the social/justice/order problem.

6 million unemployed with no income and hungry children, with nothing to loose.... I hope your home is well fortified.
      Last edited by NickyBoy; 19 January 2015, 17:24.

Comment

these are quite interesting

Average duration of unemployment

you will note there is a hardcore of > 1 year.

Those need sorting.

I suppose the upshot of 'Benefit Street' is that at least two people got off long term unemployed.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
          You associate with people on benefits? How very enlightened of you.
          Only upper-middle class benefits claimants of course; recent graduates often end up on benefits and even professional white-collar types get laid off
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Who cares? The vast majority of benefits is paid to pensioner who have seen their takings massively increased over the past couple of years. And the kicker is..most don't need it!

'Course the lot say they "paid their fair share". What a load. Eating the young is what is feeding them.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
            X