• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unwritten rules question - true story.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Interested in others opinion on this one. When I say a mate I mean just that. It's not me so .

Right, down to business.

I was enjoying a post xmas beverage with a good friend (boyo) and he told me about another mutual friend's latest situation and I reacted exactly the same way he did, appalled. His wife however doesn't think any rules have been broken.

This 3rd friend (3F) is someone we both went to school with all those years ago but he's not someone I am really in regular contact with. When he (3F) got married many moons ago his fiance at the time didn't approve of his mates (Boyo and myself) and so we weren't invited to the wedding, no stag do etc. In fact only one of his university friends was in attendance. A chap we'll call X. So 3F and X were clearly close and were best man at each other's respective weddings X's wife was a good 10 years younger and so not a great deal of history with 3F. 3F's marriage didn't last (shocker) and he hadn't really had anyone serious since. It turns out that X and Mrs X have spilt up citing X's personality as the reason and within 6 weeks of this 3F and ex-mrs X are in a serious relationship. They live about 1.5 hours away from each other.

I call foul. Boyo calls foul. Mrs Boyo (who was intoduced to Boyo via 3F) says fair play.

What say the congregation? It has been stated that nothing had happened before the split.
    Dont see a problem. Neither are in relationships, they didnt break existing relationships to start this one.

You're a long time dead. What's the beef!? Really?
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      I got lost. Can someone do a sequence diagram or something?
      Me
      My mate boyo
      Our mutual friend
      His best mate
      His best mate's wife

1. + were
      2. tells that + are
      3. >> , >>
      3. >>
      4. >>

Comment

They were having an affair long before the X/Mrs X split. You don't get into a serious relationship after 6 weeks.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          They were having an affair long before the X/Mrs X split. You don't get into a serious relationship after 6 weeks.
          Course you can zippy. Lots of couples **** on their first date. 6 weeks is plenty long enough.
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
            Quite.

[thanks for the pics Pondy, I get it now]

My good friend split from her husband of 10 years, last year.

He'd moved in with someone new, two months after they split - he maintained 'nothing' had happened when they were together.

It transpires that what he meant was that he'd not fully penetrated his new girlfriend until after the split.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

int(Mrs X/3F or 3F/MrsX) =(X - MrsX)

X=0

X + MrsX = 10

(MrsX+3F) =0

Mrs X=10

3F=-10

so on Barney's rules game on.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                Quite.

[thanks for the pics Pondy, I get it now]

My good friend split from her husband of 10 years, last year.

He'd moved in with someone new, two months after they split - he maintained 'nothing' had happened when they were together.

It transpires that what he meant was that he'd not fully penetrated his new girlfriend until after the split.
                Does your Friend know Pondy?

ah the Clinton excuse good choice.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  Does your Friend know Pondy?

ah the Clinton excuse good choice.
                  Sadly not
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                    Course you can zippy. Lots of couples **** on their first date. 6 weeks is plenty long enough.
                    Call me old-fashioned but when I were a lass a **** didn't qualify as a serious relationship.
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                      Me
                      My mate boyo
                      Our mutual friend
                      His best mate
                      His best mate's wife

1. + were
                      2. tells that + are
                      3. >> , >>
                      3. >>
                      4. >>
                      Now you introduce into the equation. What part did he play?

Comment

Working...
                      X