• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Unwritten rules question - true story."

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I meant that men are more likely to forgive their wives having a relationship with another man if no sex is involved than they are to forgive a one night stand.
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    erm that's called being friends - which is fine?
    Most people don't have an emotionally intimate relationship with their friends, sharing secrets, etc. Intimacy is the thing.

Of course some people do, and women are often that intimate with women friends, but good friends falling into something deeper is pretty common both as a way for couples to get together, and for marriages to get broken - intimacy of one kind tends to lead to intimacy of another.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by tractor View Post
    Shirley her hand would fall off?
    :sigh: off the wrist then - pedant!

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

I'm with Winston on this
    jaw jaw is better than paw paw
    I agree....

But generally the only reason a man is friends with a woman is because she won't have sex with him.....

probably

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by tractor View Post

I'm with Winston on this
    jaw jaw is better than paw paw

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Originally posted by original PM View Post

or do you mean no sex but she occasionally gives him one of the wrist?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    I meant that men are more likely to forgive their wives having a relationship with another man if no sex is involved than they are to forgive a one night stand.

or do you mean no sex but she occasionally gives him one of the wrist?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I've heard this too - a random bonk implies less intimacy than a real connection even without sex being involvedI don't think that's true other than for Neanderthal types

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I'm sure I read somewhere that (generalisation) women will often forgive their husbands a one night stand, but find the idea of them having a close relationship with another woman much harder,
    I've heard this too - a random bonk implies less intimacy than a real connection even without sex being involved
    where as men don't really care about a relationship as long as there's no sex.
    I don't think that's true other than for Neanderthal types

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I'm sure I read somewhere that (generalisation) women will often forgive their husbands a one night stand, but find the idea of them having a close relationship with another woman much harder, where as men don't really care about a relationship as long as there's no sex.
    Do you mean a man doesn't care about a woman having a relationship as long as there's no sex because if you're talking about the man having the relationship then I think thats primarily all the man cares about

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    He admitted it. In his mind he'd done 'nothing wrong' since he'd not had full blown sex with the other woman while married.
    I'm sure I read somewhere that (generalisation) women will often forgive their husbands a one night stand, but find the idea of them having a close relationship with another woman much harder, where as men don't really care about a relationship as long as there's no sex.

Leave a comment:

• darrylmg
    replied
    Sure you can.

What's ****ing got to do with it? You can **** without it meaning anything and you can be in a serious relationship without any ****.

The odds are, something was going on but it's not unequivocal. What they define as "serious relationship" may be open for interpretation too. Are they living together or planning to marry?
    Facebook status has probably been updated.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    The first isn't something I'm familiar with
    Who wants to fill her in?

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Full "blown sex" or "full blown" sex?
    The first isn't something I'm familiar with

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    he'd not had full blown sex with the other woman while married.
    Full "blown sex" or "full blown" sex?

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    How would you even find that out?
    He admitted it. In his mind he'd done 'nothing wrong' since he'd not had full blown sex with the other woman while married.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    and they called me a slapper
    Only behind your back.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X