• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas dinner - what will be on your table

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    ah yes indeed

I was thinking more about the parsnips/sprouts
    I adoooore sprouts.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Goose, probably. Or roast lamb. Goose with lemons and limes is wonderful, as are the potatoes roasted in the fat.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        ah yes indeed

I was thinking more about the parsnips/sprouts

No one ever has more than 1 each of these so to put a bowl out of 20 is pointless, timeconsuming and it takes up valuable table space...

mmm I think I may do a hybrid this year!
        Roast parsnips are amazing. Especially brushed with honey... almost as good as pigs.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

My Ltd will be having it's annual Christmas party on Christmas day. Just me and the wife in the restaurant, literally, across the road.

I shall of course, be keeping the cost to less than £150 per head.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            Turkey crown, big joint of ham. Full set of veg (parsnips, sprouts, carrots, broccoli, coli, mash, roast spuds, stuffing, pigs in blankets)

Best meal of the year.
            Exactly the same here. Can I save time and come to your house for Christmas?

Comment

Originally posted by JRCT View Post
              My Ltd will be having it's annual Christmas party on Christmas day. Just me and the wife in the restaurant, literally, across the road.

I shall of course, be keeping the cost to less than £150 per head.
              Oooh I forgot about that

The absolute best place around here to blow decent amounts of money on a meal recently closed ... we'll have to travel much further afield to get a really decent expensive nosh-up

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                I adoooore sprouts.
                Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Roast parsnips are amazing. Especially brushed with honey... almost as good as pigs.
                Recent convert to sprouts, I found you could puree them with butter and creme fraiche and make them taste much nicer and add chestnuts and bacon.

Same with parsnips, never really liked them till I did some roast for Mr N recently, he was lucky to have any left.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                  Turkey crown, big joint of ham. Full set of veg (parsnips, sprouts, carrots, broccoli, coli, mash, roast spuds, stuffing, pigs in blankets)

Best meal of the year.
                  I have no issue with this at all but do find it amusing that "pigs in blankets" gets categorised under veg!!

Comment

Sprouts fried in butter and bacon are nice. But only because they end up tasting of buttery bacon.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                      Oooh I forgot about that

The absolute best place around here to blow decent amounts of money on a meal recently closed ... we'll have to travel much further afield to get a really decent expensive nosh-up
                      you can of course fund travel.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X