• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas dinner - what will be on your table

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mama Poppins is a chef, so we usually have to start talking about this meal around July time.

Beef wellington, I think.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Excellent AndyW option m'lady!
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        Mama Poppins is a chef, so we usually have to start talking about this meal around July time.

Beef wellington, I think.
        I've been looking forward to it since I moved into the new house in Jan Proper kitchen this time instead of the tiny cloggy crappy combi oven.

Though for me it will either be beef or pork.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
          Turkey crown, big joint of ham. Full set of veg (parsnips, sprouts, carrots, broccoli, coli, mash, roast spuds, stuffing, pigs in blankets)

Best meal of the year.
          +1 Mother in Law V is an excellent cook and I'm looking forward to it.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

5 bird roast, in 2015 with the whole family.

this year ? leg of pork probbly
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              5 bird roast, in 2015 with the whole family.

this year ? leg of pork probbly
              In an ideal world I'd cook this but there's only two of us, but I suppose the leftovers wouldn't be so bad.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                Turkey crown, big joint of ham. Full set of veg (parsnips, sprouts, carrots, broccoli, coli, mash, roast spuds, stuffing, pigs in blankets)

Best meal of the year.
                Exactly this - cooked by me

Although by midday I will be more soaked in alcohol than the food!

On another note - do you all put the food in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves, plate it in the kitchen and serve it or a bit of a combination of the two?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Exactly this - cooked by me

Although by midday I will be more soaked in alcohol than the food!

On another note - do you all put the food in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves, plate it in the kitchen and serve it or a bit of a combination of the two?
                  Food on serving plates/bowls in the middle with the PiB and Roasties located next to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    Food on serving plates/bowls in the middle with the PiB and Roasties located next to me.
                    ah yes indeed

I was thinking more about the parsnips/sprouts

No one ever has more than 1 each of these so to put a bowl out of 20 is pointless, timeconsuming and it takes up valuable table space...

mmm I think I may do a hybrid this year!

Comment

Swan
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X