• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Questions about expenses [merged]

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ItRYmyBEst View Post
    Ok I'm going to get the new £999 mac pro 13 from apple store. Can I detect £999 from profit used for CT and then what do I get for deprecation also?
    Yep.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Ok I'm going to get the new £999 mac pro 13 from apple store. Can I detect £999 from profit used for CT and then what do I get for deprecation also?
      Depreciation is not a tax deductible expense.

Comment

I think this thread has run its useful course. Locked.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Taxi trip

Is it ok if I am at my contract location and then instead of taking my usual route home in london I go to the airport to go to home in scotland, whilst charging this taxi trip as a business expense?

If I've already done it how do I tell hmrc not to take it as an expense?

Comment

Is it ok if I am at my contract location and then instead of taking my usual route home in london I go to the airport to go to home in scotland, whilst charging this taxi trip as a business expense?

Despite your username, I don't think you are trying your best.

What did your accountant say?

Comment

No.
              If you flag it to your accountant then s/he will make sure that it is not offfset against Corporation Tax. Otherwise if you've already filed then you will need to make a correction.

Boo

Comment

Originally posted by Boo View Post
                No.

If you flag it to your accountant then s/he will make sure that it is not offfset against Corporation Tax. Otherwise if you've already filed then you will need to make a correction.

Boo
                Presuming the OP is a contractor who lives in Scotland, commutes Monday-Friday to London, why would the taxi not be a claimable expense?

I appreciate it is poorly worded, but this is what I read situation as being.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                  Presuming the OP is a contractor who lives in Scotland, commutes Monday-Friday to London, why would the taxi not be a claimable expense?

I appreciate it is poorly worded, but this is what I read situation as being.
                  I'd go with this as well although the explanation is bloody rubbish.

OP... Start talking to your accountant a little more. He might give you a better overall explanation so you won't trip over minor points like this.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Boo View Post
                    No.

Boo
                    Corporation Tax? Travel is an employee expense. If OP has claimed it, it will be an allowable expense against the company's corporation tax bill (as it is director/employee remuneration) but will be taxed as a BIK on OP.

Comment

I would just expense it with no consideration as to BIK.
                      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                      X