• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sensible or totally unfair?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    do yo think if the child had been white there would have been a different attitude or outcome?
    I would hope it wouldn't matter what colour it is, the fact it came from Sierra Leon should be the only factor. His mother is white so it's a bit difficult to blame this on the race of the kid.

The school isn't exactly all white middle England stuff either so I can't see how they can be accused of making decisions based on race...

Most of the students at this average-sized school are from White British backgrounds. An increasing number are from a range of minority ethnic groups, and the proportion who speak English as an additional language is higher than in the majority of schools.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 8 October 2014, 15:00.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I depp rooted racism
      I'm assuming that isn't about actors called Johnny.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

<argument fooked I'll pick on spelling mode>I'm assuming that isn't about actors called Johnny</argument fooked I'll pick on spelling mode>.
        FTFY

Comment

FTFY
          no I just thought that was an amusing the Governors discussing a Pirate. You know how the parents hate Cap'n Jack!

The argument is still on, but I thought I would make a joke rather than waving .

So if the Governors are dealing with deep rooted racism are the decision or objections based on this as you seem to suggest or is it just camouflage used by the papers to spice up the story?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

According to t'internet, leprosy isn't very contagious and is quite curable ... unlike ebola in fact

Comment

do yo think if the child had been white there would have been a different attitude or outcome?
              Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Yes.
                So do you have the racial profile of the parents who objected, could be the other ethnic minority parents, but of course none of them are racist are they? Asians love Africans and vice versa, just ask the Asian communities formed from the African exdous.
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Yes.
                  Even though he's been there before?

Comment

Even though he's been there before the media whipped up a frenzy of ignorance about Ebola, carefully pointing out as they do so that it happens to African people?
                    FTFY.

Comment

Regardless of all the rush to play the race card here, no one knows enough about ebola to say what is safe and what isn't. Call me whatever you like but if someone came up to me and said 'Hi, I've just arrived from Sierra Leone', I wouldn't be hanging around to see if a nosebleed developed. In any event, we are not talking about race here, as usual people use the word interchangeably with nationality and region which is the reason no one here knows the origin of the complainants and some are making ignorant assumptions.

The only way to ensure international safety would be to quarantine the region and ban international travel completely. Even then it would not be watertight because people are nomadic and especially in Africa have little regard for borders anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X