• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salmond "We can take Scotland in two weeks"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    I think they may as well vote YES. This is a comment today on the Scotsman website.

...Salmond comparing apartheid South Africa with the situation in Scotland

One of many I would expect..
    I stood outside the South African embassy back in the day and protested with the rest of those who gave a damn. Apartheid was a real evil.

Please tell me he didn't drag apartheid into this.

Comment

I think they may as well vote YES. This is a comment today on the Scotsman website.

Although of course, it could just be a fiction planted by a No supporter.

Comment

Either it didn't happen, or the investors are using it as an excuse and wanted to move anyway. I bet a lot of business will use the ref as a scapegoat for decisions that would normally cause problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Although of course, it could just be a fiction planted by a No supporter.
          If so its a sockie who has been posting on the site for 4+ years. That is one hell of a sockie account being created two years prior to the referendum was announced.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
            Either it didn't happen, or the investors are using it as an excuse and wanted to move anyway. I bet a lot of business will use the ref as a scapegoat for decisions that would normally cause problems.
            Or it's genuine. It's possible even if that doesn't align with how you would like reality to be.

Comment

If so its a sockie who has been posting on the site for 4+ years. That is one hell of a sockie account being created two years prior to the referendum was announced.
              I would expect no less from Perfidious Albion.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
                I'm sure there are businesses with high wage costs that are potentially cheaper elsewhere who will use it as an excuse to move somewhere cheaper. The thing is I thought they would use the excuse of a YES vote to do that, my worry would be that uncertainty is enough.

Comment

Originally posted by jemb View Post
                  I stood outside the South African embassy back in the day and protested with the rest of those who gave a damn. Apartheid was a real evil.

Please tell me he didn't drag apartheid into this.
                  He has see Indyref Daily: Stephen Daisley on independence referendum campaign | Scotland | News

picked especially to avoid any link that others may call biased...

Comment

I'm sure there are businesses with high wage costs that are potentially cheaper elsewhere who will use it as an excuse to move somewhere cheaper. The thing is I thought they would use the excuse of a YES vote to do that, my worry would be that uncertainty is enough.
                    Business and the markets do not care for uncertainty.

Comment

Originally posted by jemb View Post
                      Well the winners are those with a job.....and the unemployment rate is 2x the UK. That equates to another 2 million unemployed in the UK
                      Of course, you may well think that's ok and a price worth paying.....it isn't.
                      You're making the assumption people of working age have to be 'in work'.

Since 86' Italy's unemployment rate has always floated around 10%. People in the UK are poorer, more working class, they have to work for the landlord.

Gold reserves:

Italy 2,451.8 tons

United Kingdom 310 tons

Independent Scotland could claim part of £7.8bn gold reserves
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X