• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Place your bets - 79% Of Scots Backing Yes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
    The people elected to the Scottish government need to represent their constituants better because the electorate can have a real say in the next election. The SNP have shown how it can be done and has improved the lives of many people in Scotland. They went from a few MSPs to a minority govt to a majority govt in three elections.

As TM says, the people of Scotland feel we can't influence anything that goes on in Westminster so we just end up feeling frustation and impotent as the Eton/Oxbridge boys club look after their own interests.
    Your lot have a disproportionate influence on England. Without your rabid left wing dick heads we would have had more Tory government. As it is they only get to power when the country is in a mess. Scotland needs a centre right party to stimulate entrepreneurial activity not a bunch of left wingers throwing away public money to get themselves into power.
    The jury is out on the competencies of the SNP and whilst it may look like they may be going in the right direction let us see when they have to take responsibility for an entire economy. The chances are that labour will run the country anyway so I do hope they have a begging hotline to the IMF
    As for the Oxford educated Eton boys I would rather have one of them running the country than either of the war mongering educated Scots that were sent here to bankrupt the country
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      Correct.

The 'Little Englanders' like Dodgy are usually first to scream about the ridiculous rules and laws made by the EU because you can't treat all these differing economies in the same way with the same rules. Well, same goes for the inside of the UK.
      I happen to support the yes vote. I just don't think the Scots are capable of running their own affairs.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        I just don't think the Scots are capable of running their own affairs.
        We'd be a nation of recruitment agents if that were true.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          We'd be a nation of recruitment agents if that were true.
          Do you think that Salmond will give us some guarantees on their proposals for IR35's equivalent post 'Yes'?

Will I have time to get my affairs in order before the referendum if it is favourable?

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
            Do you think that Salmond will give us some guarantees on their proposals for IR35's equivalent post 'Yes'?

Will I have time to get my affairs in order before the referendum if it is favourable?
            Do you really think SNP are going to be interested in helping people earning circa £100,000 per year any sort of tax break

Comment

Your lot have a disproportionate influence on England. Without your rabid left wing dick heads we would have had more Tory government. As it is they only get to power when the country is in a mess. Scotland needs a centre right party to stimulate entrepreneurial activity not a bunch of left wingers throwing away public money to get themselves into power.
              The jury is out on the competencies of the SNP and whilst it may look like they may be going in the right direction let us see when they have to take responsibility for an entire economy. The chances are that labour will run the country anyway so I do hope they have a begging hotline to the IMF
              As for the Oxford educated Eton boys I would rather have one of them running the country than either of the war mongering educated Scots that were sent here to bankrupt the country
              So why doesn't the Tory party support the Yes vote?

I happen to support the yes vote. I just don't think the Scots are capable of running their own affairs.
              Why do you even care?

Comment

Do you really think SNP are going to be interested in helping people earning circa £100,000 per year any sort of tax break
                I don't 'earn' anyhere near that, my agent sees to that

Comment

The broad shoulders of the UK is the only thing keeping IR35 investigations afloat.

The current obfuscated tax system would be in for the chop in an independent Scotland. It's in the white paper somewhere. I don't imagine IR35 shall be part of that somehow. I also heard that cash accounting would be reintroduced, so no need for a Ltd Company for the supposed tax gains

We plan to develop a new tax system for Scotland to better meet key policy objectives, based on the design principles of a modern and efficient system set out by the Fiscal Commission:
                  ■■ simplicity – tax rules and obligations are well known, easily understood and liability is clear
                  ■■ neutrality – the negative or unintended effects of taxation should be minimised and decisions on taxes should be made on merit
                  ■■ stability – of both tax revenue stream and tax rules and procedures, allowing predictability and certainty in the decision making and planning of individuals, businesses and government
                  ■■ flexibility – to respond to change, particularly in a dynamic and constantly evolving global economy
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

So why doesn't the Tory party support the Yes vote?

Because they are conservatives and view the UK as a whole. it is part of the tradition passed down through Eton and Oxford that come what may we should stick together

Why do you even care?
                    Because they are conservatives and view the UK as a whole. it is part of the tradition passed down through Eton and Oxford that come what may we should stick together.

I care because I believe in small entities with direct lines of responsibility. If the Scots pull it off the rest of Europe can follow.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      The broad shoulders of the UK is the only thing keeping IR35 investigations afloat.

The current obfuscated tax system would be in for the chop in an independent Scotland. It's in the white paper somewhere. I don't imagine IR35 shall be part of that somehow. I also heard that cash accounting would be reintroduced, so no need for a Ltd Company for the supposed tax gains
                      You are aware of why contractors have to use limited companies? Hint it arises from the dim and distance past and has nowt to do with tax benefits...
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X