• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does anyone remember the Conservative Party?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Its very odd as without Scotland Labour would not stand a chance of holding government.
    That is correct Brillo, so, why is Cameron (and the Tory Party in general) so strongly behind the No Campaign ??
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      That is correct Brillo, so, why is Cameron (and the Tory Party in general) so strongly behind the No Campaign ??
      errr - no idea - please elucidate me.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        errr - no idea - please elucidate me.
        It was a question, ya twat

There is so much 'let the sponging jocks go and fail on their own' rhetoric on this board, I was genuinely asking why the party who most of you English contractors vote for are so against it.
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
          I like the last one.
          You thought that was good, try this:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

There is so much 'let the sponging jocks go and fail on their own' rhetoric on this board, I was genuinely asking why the party who most of you English contractors vote for are so against it.
            I based my vote last time on whop sounded the most like a bond villain. DR Tool.

Alas he was a LIb DEm. That was a wasted vote.

Comment

As they're currently in charge of the UK as-is - it's one of the few occasions where the status quo trumps what's best for the party, I'd imagine!
              ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

The point being that the Tories are instrumental in the running of the NO campaign. Why do you think that might be ?
                Oh I'm well aware of that but that wasn't what the person I quoted was getting at; I'm not familiar with many Tories saying "let em go". I wish more Tories weren't so anti-independence. It's understandable on the part of the governing elite, but they're notoriously out of touch with many of their own party's members.

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                As they're currently in charge of the UK as-is - it's one of the few occasions where the status quo trumps what's best for the party, I'd imagine!
                Power is power.

Comment

you know we are only teasing don't you?

Probably they see it as a step that isn't all that wise in the middle of a recovery (my opinion) or Cameron doesn't want to be known as the man who lost Scotland.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
                    How did she 'destroy' it?

Nor do I particularly care much for the artificial entity of Britain. If the Scots want out, England is the better off for letting them do it.
                    Maggie upset them with the Poll tax which they have never forgiven her for. Whilst many Tories still love this TAX, they forget on purpose, it was the most unpopular tax in history (from the anti-tax party) and caused riots even in England. Some Tories even blame this on Scottish tories. As if somehow they made Maggie, the Lady not for Turning do it. As we know this sowed the seeds of the escalation of the Indi movement which at that stage was more like the Cornish Indi non-entity.

At the height of Maggies powers it was also claimed she saved Britain the Sick Man of Europe. Due to all those evil Unions. But if we lose the Scots, who is next? The Welsh (real saxons), The Cornish? Maggie did not save Britain if she ends up being so divisive that it splits up.
                    That's the point none can say she saved it, if it no longer exists due to her upsetting any part of it enough to leave.

I also note that you have selective patriotism. I am British and wish to remain so, if that is part of the UK then all the better. Also many foreigners rich or poor value Britishness even if you don't. If that is your view, please leave the country and go and live in Malaga with the other little Englanders.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyFan View Post
                      Maggie upset them with the Poll tax which they have never forgiven her for. Whilst many Tories still love this TAX, they forget on purpose, it was the most unpopular tax in history (from the anti-tax party) and caused riots even in England. Some Tories even blame this on Scottish tories. As if somehow they made Maggie, the Lady not for Turning do it. As we know this sowed the seeds of the escalation of the Indi movement which at that stage was more like the Cornish Indi non-entity.

At the height of Maggies powers it was also claimed she saved Britain the Sick Man of Europe. Due to all those evil Unions. But if we lose the Scots, who is next? The Welsh (real saxons), The Cornish? Maggie did not save Britain if she ends up being so divisive that it splits up.
                      That's the point none can say she saved it, if it no longer exists due to her upsetting any part of it enough to leave.

I also note that you have selective patriotism. I am British and wish to remain so, if that is part of the UK then all the better. Also many foreigners rich or poor value Britishness even if you don't. If that is your view, please leave the country and go and live in Malaga with the other little Englanders.

Comment

Working...
                      X