• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shiit is Robin Williams dead?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unix View Post
    Poor stand up comedian, and average actor can't see what the fuss is about. I guess the Hollywood machine still works for some.
    And I imagine you've achieved so much more. (NB: Being a despised internet personality on CUK doesn't count)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
        And I imagine you've achieved so much more. (NB: Being a despised internet personality on CUK doesn't count)
        C'Mon - Despised is a bit OTT, I think UNIX barely rates Meh on most of us.

and personality is certainly overstating it!

Comment

Beeb are saying he hanged himself

Not a huge fan of his slapstick comedies but Good Will Hunting, Dead Poets Society, Insomnia etc were all excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
            Just my opinion of his comedy and acting. I wasn't a fan doand didnt know him personally, therefore I'm not going to take part in the circle jerk grieving.

Comment

even before Mork and Mindy, my daughter was watching the fonz (happy days ??)

and they were waiting for a pizza delivery.
              there was a knock and robin williams was there.

he was totally manic, and the canned laughter was ridiculous, but I couldnt help thinking that he was great
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
                Just my opinion of his comedy and acting. I wasn't a fan doand didnt know him personally, therefore I'm not going to take part in the circle jerk grieving.
                Then why do you feel the need to tell everyone how you feel about it?

Anyway, sad news. Not my favourite actor but there's nothing wrong doing "nice" films for families. He seemed like a nice chap but with obvious issues whenever he did interviews, like he couldn't stop making jokes.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

apparently he was broke on the way to bankruptcy (due in part to divorces) and that drove it.

poor sod.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Anyway, sad news. Not my favourite actor but there's nothing wrong doing "nice" films for families. He seemed like a nice chap but with obvious issues whenever he did interviews, like he couldn't stop making jokes.
                    Some years back, I remember Johnny Vaughan (see, it was a while back) interviewing him and saying afterwards that ht felt obliged to laugh at all the jokes, even the ones that weren't funny.

In the end, Williams said "you don't have to do that, you know? If it's not funny, don't laugh - I'll have a funny line in a few minutes anyway".

Some friends of mine were extras in Dead Poets Society and said how great he was to work with.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      apparently he was broke on the way to bankruptcy (due in part to divorces) and that drove it.

poor sod.
                      I find that hard to believe based on how many successful films he's been in. He's struggled with depression for a long time and you don't NEED a reason to be depressed, that's one of the key points mental health charities are keen to highlight.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X