• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

World war 3 now imminent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CloudWalker View Post
    I've been chatting about this with mates and we were trying to decide the best survival skills to have when WW3 comes? And if you were in a group who would you keep or kick out
    (e.g)
    Teacher or Doctor ? Who can contribute to the group?
    Farmer or MMA fighter ? Who would keep you alive the longest?
    Ex Commando or Stripper ? Who would you shack up with?

You can only pick 3...
    ronda rousey - MMA, probably ex commando, can easily double as a stripper and can probably teach me a thing or two

Comment

Originally posted by CloudWalker
      I've been chatting about this with mates and we were trying to decide the best survival skills to have when WW3 comes? And if you were in a group who would you keep or kick out
      (e.g)
      Teacher or Doctor ? Who can contribute to the group?
      Farmer or MMA fighter ? Who would keep you alive the longest?
      Ex Commando or Stripper ? Who would you shack up with?

You can only pick 3...
      Very interesting question. A lot depends on where you found yourself, because travel would be well nigh impossible for a while afterwards.

High on my list, perhaps top, would be someone expert at identifying edible plants, such as mushrooms and herbs.

A mechanic and/or electrician would also be useful

Not so sure about ex-commandos, as service bods might become overbearing and domineering.

A doctor or medic would be of limited use without pills or equipment.

Just preliminary thoughts off the top of my head ...
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I'd have thought a farmer would be most useful. Loads of knowhow, practical knowledge about machinery, firearms and medical stuff. And a whole load of red diesel. Possibly a cider press as well

Comment

Started to get worried when I read this , then suddenly realised I was on Contractor UK Forum, so I can now sleep safely in the knowledge that this is complete and utter tulip.
          Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Originally posted by motoukenin View Post
            Started to get worried when I read this , ..
            2015-09-07 Russian submarine with 20 ICBMs and 200 nuclear warheads is sailing to Syria

No, nothing to worry about.

.. then suddenly realised I was on Contractor UK Forum, so I can now sleep safely in the knowledge that this is complete and utter tulip.
            2015-09-09 Russia Sends More Tank Landing Ships, Military Aircraft To Syria

Nothing to see here, Move along ..

Comment

Originally posted by motoukenin View Post
              Started to get worried when I read this , then suddenly realised I was on Contractor UK Forum, so I can now sleep safely in the knowledge that this is complete and utter tulip.
              If it ever comes true, no-one will be around to say "Suity was right".

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                They have few citizens left. They are all over here. So they need some immigrants...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  2015-09-10 In Major Humiliation For Obama, Iran Sends Soldiers To Support Russian Troops In Syria

From the article ..

... with every incremental party entering the Syria conflict, the probability of a non-violent outcome becomes increasingly negligible. And now that Iran is involved, it means that both Israel and Saudi Arabia will be dragged in, whether they like it or not.

Comment

But the most important news is that, as we warned previously, with every incremental party entering the Syria conflict, the probability of a non-violent outcome becomes increasingly negligible. And now that Iran is involved, it means that both Israel and Saudi Arabia will be dragged in, whether they like it or not
                    At which point I can see China having something to say. Probably "Pack it in now or there will be WW3".
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

careful quoting zerohedge - ATW will call hurl insults at you and think he's arguing a point...
                      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                      X