• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£50K Interest Free Loan for 12 Months

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do:
    - Pay yourself via PAYE salary.
    - Pay your pension because its company expense
    - Buy new equipment or anything related.

So I could have 10K bank balance, take £50K BBL, (£60K balance), then pay for example 6 months salary and pension (say £30K), then give up the ghost and take a perm role, and after winding up Ltd Co., only have £15K to pay on the loan, and there is no personal liability comeback or credit record sullied?

Comment

Originally posted by hgllgh View Post
      Do:

So I could have 10K bank balance, take £50K BBL, (£60K balance), then pay for example 6 months salary and pension (say £30K), then give up the ghost and take a perm role, and after winding up Ltd Co., only have £15K to pay on the loan, and there is no personal liability comeback or credit record sullied?
      How did you reduce the loan to £15k? Your company will still owe £50k.

Comment

Do:

If you're happy committing fraud... Let us know how it works out. Do you honestly think nobody is going to come after you?

And we wonder why the public has little sympathy for contractors.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Do:

I believe pension can only be distributed from company profit. However, if you were to pay your own salary via the company, then close down the company with the left over, it shouldn't be a problem. Assuming of course there isn't obvious fraud such as suddenly increasing your salary from £730/month to £5000/month.

Comment

Something to keep an eye on:

Talks to prevent bounce back business loans scandal | Business | The Times

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              How did you reduce the loan to £15k? Your company will still owe £50k.
              Yes but the company is closing and does not have the funds to repay the full 50K so defaults on the 35K it cannot pay back. This was the point I was making... the government seems willing to take this risk and take any losses on the chin due to the pandemic.

Comment

Yes but the company is closing and does not have the funds to repay the full 50K so defaults on the 35K it cannot pay back. This was the point I was making... the government seems willing to take this risk and take any losses on the chin due to the pandemic.
                I wouldn't be 100% sure about that - I suspect any wages paid to a director wouldn't be a problem but they may query pension contributions especially if your company doesn't do regular ones (and even then they may query the continuation of them).
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  If you're happy committing fraud... Let us know how it works out. Do you honestly think nobody is going to come after you?

And we wonder why the public has little sympathy for contractors.
                  How is it fraud? The loan has been taken out in good faith to stop the company from folding in the first place, salary has not been increased, but after a while if it's still clear the company position is untenable in the current circumstances, it is within the rights of a company director to close the company. This was my original point, the government seems willing to take this risk of BBL defaults with no personal liability on company directors.

Comment

How is it fraud? The loan has been taken out in good faith to stop the company from folding in the first place, salary has not been increased, but after a while if it's still clear the company position is untenable in the current circumstances, it is within the rights of a company director to close the company. This was my original point, the government seems willing to take this risk of BBL defaults with no personal liability on company directors.
                    This is how I understood it as well - I imagine many people will use the BBL to pay themselves and wives before the company is insolvent

Comment

Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post
                      This is how I understood it as well - I imagine many people will use the BBL to pay themselves and wives before the company is insolvent
                      In just about every case

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
                      X