• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian agencies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Exactly. In that case unfortunately it was just moaning down the pub as I've never worked at the poor company who had had T-systems inflicted on them.
    I should also add that t-systems couldn't work out how to make money on the deal so then outsourced it again but kept a management role.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

There are many things these companies do, 1) they are greedy and will try to take a big cut of the rate given to them by their client. 2) Promise their client that they can do cheaper than others 3) fish for very poor quality talent.

If they need good medicine to cure they have to pay for it, otherwise they will just get useless chalk pills which does nothing. Organisations must understand this and avoid using these companies to get contractors.

I got a call recently asking for a role in London for 50% the rate I usually charge! I laughed and kept the phone down.

My tip is while applying through job sites just look at the name of person and the company name, if that deceives you on that, listen to their accent when they phone, if it's british accent they are good, if they try to speak American accent (they think all foreigners speak with American accent) they are not good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        But thats the way they are used to. Worked with a few guys at one client who were on a visit from India. Cracking bunch of guys who were really keen and good to get along with.

BUT they were treated like tulipe by their employer. Employer tells them what to do and where they're going and they accept it. No arguments or you get the boot apparently.

Felt really sorry for one of them. 3 months in the UK and he missed his daughters birth - they wouldnt fly him home and told him tough luck. Squaddies in afghanistan get treated better than this!

I remember when my mrs was first pregnant, near the end, I told employer bollacks am I going to site 4 hours drive away!
        Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        But thats the way they are used to. Worked with a few guys at one client who were on a visit from India. Cracking bunch of guys who were really keen and good to get along with.

BUT they were treated like tulipe by their employer. Employer tells them what to do and where they're going and they accept it. No arguments or you get the boot apparently.

Felt really sorry for one of them. 3 months in the UK and he missed his daughters birth - they wouldnt fly him home and told him tough luck. Squaddies in afghanistan get treated better than this!

I remember when my mrs was first pregnant, near the end, I told employer bollacks am I going to site 4 hours drive away!
        Been there, gone through even worse situation like that with them, it's a nightmare and the irony is whoever works for them in India and deported to UK or USA love that nightmare thinking that it is a heaven, but it's almost like deadly addiction, it may feel imaginary good but your life will become crap.

One of the person I know avoids staying home even on weekends and goes to the office, half the time it happens due to his managers giving false promise of finishing things in short durations and rest of the time they get addicted to it, it's even more complicated if you dive deep In to it, so my personal advise is to completely avoid these companies otherwise they will drive the entire nation into similar insane work practice (which is slowly happening in some organisations in UK).

Comment

Originally posted by nemosdad View Post
          There are many things these companies do, 1) they are greedy and will try to take a big cut of the rate given to them by their client. 2) Promise their client that they can do cheaper than others 3) fish for very poor quality talent.

If they need good medicine to cure they have to pay for it, otherwise they will just get useless chalk pills which does nothing. Organisations must understand this and avoid using these companies to get contractors.

I got a call recently asking for a role in London for 50% the rate I usually charge! I laughed and kept the phone down.

My tip is while applying through job sites just look at the name of person and the company name, if that deceives you on that, listen to their accent when they phone, if it's british accent they are good, if they try to speak American accent (they think all foreigners speak with American accent) they are not good.

I'm going to stick my neck out and suggest that you aren't a native English speaker, are you?
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            I'm going to stick my neck out and suggest that you aren't a native English speaker, are you?
            Nope.

Comment

I am indian, born in india, I wouldnt work for them.

I know a French girl who would never work for a French boss.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                **I do take the point that none of the white racists on this board speak Urdu, but to be fair we don't live in India. **
                We are doing our best to change that

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  Interesting point. I get the gist of the other posters post, but it is much more difficult to work it out.

The bit that is interesting to me is why don't Indian universities teach standard spoken and written English/American to their pupils? So you have all these great skills and wonderful universities, but they churn out graduates who can't speak or write in the accent and dialect of their customers, why is that?

**I do take the point that none of the white racists on this board speak Urdu, but to be fair we don't live in India. **
                  Urdu is (generally) a Pakistani language AIUI, Indian's speak (generally) Hindi, but having said that they're not far apart grammatically. Sort of like Lanky and Yorky but not like English and Welsh, which are totally different.
                  Last edited by stek; 26 May 2014, 23:08.

Comment

Good heavens, its only Indian agencies. Are there any Chinese agencies too ? Haven't heard of similar things about Chinese companies/agencies.

Comment

Can't speak for Chinese agencies, but did have dealings with a Caribbean one years ago. I was on the other end then, trying to fill roles.
                      "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
                      "See?"

Comment

Working...
                      X