• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

False feedback mystery

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

False feedback mystery

Good evening everyone.

A friend of mine recently attended an interview via an agency, but didn't get the job. He suspected it was because the agent had sent in cheaper candidates to the end client also.

He asked why he was rejected and got email feedback from the end client.

However the feedback was incorrect. It stated my friend only had entry level/procedural and systematic work experience, while the end client wanted someone more 'senior' who had worked more independently and carried out investigations on their own initiative etc.

But my friend has done this more senior work for the best part of a decade... this was made clear on CV and from examples provided at interview.

Therefore the basis for rejection was false and my friend considers it libelous and defamatory.

What course of action do you think my friend should take?

Originally posted by masonryan View Post
    Good evening everyone.

A friend of mine recently attended an interview via an agency, but didn't get the job. He suspected it was because the agent had sent in cheaper candidates to the end client also.

He asked why he was rejected and got email feedback from the end client.

However the feedback was incorrect. It stated my friend only had entry level/procedural and systematic work experience, while the end client wanted someone more 'senior' who had worked more independently and carried out investigations on their own initiative etc.

But my friend has done this more senior work for the best part of a decade... this was made clear on CV and from examples provided at interview.

Therefore the basis for rejection was false and my friend considers it libelous and defamatory.

What course of action do you think my friend should take?
    None, they're not gonna backtrack and any action will be costly and pointless.

Put it down to a failed sales pitch. Shiite happens...

Comment

It is not even defamatory as they have only published it to him.

Comment

Originally posted by socialworker View Post
        It is not even defamatory as they have only published it to him.
        They are retaining incorrect information on an individual on their company systems. Surely a breach of the Data Protection Act?

Comment

I think your friend needs to get over him/herself

Does your friend sue women that don't sleep with him because they suspect he has a small cock ?

Interviews are a stochastic process, characterised by asymmetrc information leading to filtrations with high heteroskedacity.

Or in words that your friend will understand, few interviews are carried out well, often they don't really know what they want, they don't ask the right questions, candidates mysteriously forget things they said they knew and sometimes the interviewer will have been sent to keep the candidate company because the decision maker has suddenly found himself busy doing something else.

At one interview the agent sent me to the wrong bank.

I had an interview once that consisted of
          "So, Dominic you're an OS/2 expert ?"

"yes"

"good, we need one of those".

Conversely, I had an interview where they were using a bit of s/w that I'd helped develop and their answer to one question they thought correct was wholly wrong and was really going to screw the project, so they didn't offer me the job and it was so bad it made the newspapers. Part of my answer was that the s/w couldn't do what they wanted it to do. Ever.

You may have heard of the project, it was called the Docklands Light Railway, I was the reason it went bad because a) I failed to convince them they were being screwed over by the vendor b) I refused to work at less than half the going rate, even the agent said I'd be a mug to take it.

I'd bet hundreds of CUKers have better tales, a client merely failing to spot your brilliance is quite pitiful.
          My 12 year old is walking 26 miles for Cardiac Risk in the Young, you can sponsor him here

Comment

They are retaining incorrect information on an individual on their company systems. Surely a breach of the Data Protection Act?
            Nowt to do with defamation.

Comment

Originally posted by socialworker View Post
              Nowt to do with defamation.
              The agents saw it. Funnily enough they didn't challenge it, even though they know it is incorrect. Must wonder why?

Comment

The agents saw it. Funnily enough they didn't challenge it, even though they know it is incorrect. Must wonder why?
                I expect they had moved on with their life.

Comment

Just read 3 of your posts tonight masonryan, seems you and your pals have a lot of problems in the work environment?

Comment

Originally posted by Boney M View Post
                    Just read 3 of your posts tonight masonryan, seems you and your pals have a lot of problems in the work environment?
                    All his posts are like this. Gut isn't the sharpest tool in the box by a long chalk. Funny that every post is about 'illegal practices', libellous and defamatory yadda yadda. This guy needs a shrink, not a contracting forum. Don't think I have ever met anyone that thinks the entire world is out to get him all the time. I bet he twitches a lot.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X