• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "False feedback mystery"

Collapse

• TykeMerc
    replied
    What a strange thread, can it be moved to General so all us fake contractors can tear this muppet a few new orifices like the sponging agents we all are (apparently)?

Leave a comment:

• aoxomoxoa
    replied
    Random thought

False Feedback Mystery - wasn't that a Hendrix song?

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Originally posted by flipFlop View Post
    Your "friend"?
    the name 'pauly' comes to mind.
    No idea why though, completely random thought.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Originally posted by masonryan View Post
    It's not an opinion, it is an inaccuracy, a denial of facts.
    Do you believe everything people tell you? How do they know he is not lying?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Isn't that defamatory?
    We know your game.

Leave a comment:

• flipFlop
    replied

A friend of mine recently attended an interview via an agency, but didn't get the job. He suspected it was because the agent had sent in cheaper candidates to the end client also.

He asked why he was rejected and got email feedback from the end client.

However the feedback was incorrect. It stated my friend only had entry level/procedural and systematic work experience, while the end client wanted someone more 'senior' who had worked more independently and carried out investigations on their own initiative etc.

But my friend has done this more senior work for the best part of a decade... this was made clear on CV and from examples provided at interview.

Therefore the basis for rejection was false and my friend considers it libelous and defamatory.

What course of action do you think my friend should take?
    Your "friend"?

Leave a comment:

• alluvial
    replied
    Originally posted by craig1 View Post
    There is only one contractor on this site.

I'm the contractor!

Leave a comment:

• craig1
    replied
    Originally posted by alluvial View Post
    Two, one's a sockie.
    There is only one contractor on this site.

Leave a comment:

• alluvial
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    It no use, he's rumbled us all. The three actual contractors on the site will probably leave now :-(
    Two, one's a sockie.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Isn't that defamatory?
    It no use, he's rumbled us all. The three actual contractors on the site will probably leave now :-(

Leave a comment:

• masonryan
    replied
    Isn't that defamatory?
    No. It's true.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Agreed. Remember many giving advice on this thread are apologists for recruitment agents, seeking to muddy the waters on their real tactics, which they don't want us to know of.
    Isn't that defamatory?

Leave a comment:

• DieScum
    replied
    few interviews are carried out well, often they don't really know what they want, they don't ask the right questions, candidates mysteriously forget things they said they knew and sometimes the interviewer will have been sent to keep the candidate company because the decision maker has suddenly found himself busy doing something else.
    That's a brilliant overview of the interview process. Very true.

Leave a comment:

• socialworker
    replied
    Boys

You are all to leave masonryan minor alone. Now go and find something useful to do.

Old Greg, see me after prayers.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Greylisting is more complicated and nuanced than blacklisting. I can't say too much, but it is algorithm based with agent feedback being a significant contributor, and with multiple scores as outputs, rather than just a simple blacklisted or not blacklisted.
    To be honest I use a lot of the feedback from this site to develop the algorithm ... erm - I mean I'm a contractor!!!!! Have been doing WPF and HTML5 for over 30 years!!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X