• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

False feedback mystery

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Put in a Subject Access Request under the DPA and then sue of loss of business / earnings.
    Can you elaborate please?

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
      I think your friend should put it down to experience and keep applying. If his actually happened then it is likely that your friend's idea of senior is not the same as the interviewer's.
      Not the case, the feedback is simply incorrect.

Comment

Originally posted by masonryan View Post
        Yeh maybe the client mixed him up with someone else. But surprised you even got feedback from client - thats rare IMHO.

But the point is surely the client can say what they want, they are under no obligation to give a reason are they? Surely they're within they're rights to have whatever reason they want for rejecting arent they? (Unless its some sort of discrimination).
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

How can you be sure?

Please provide the actual evidence and definition of what each person meant when they said senior as this is the only way we would know.
          Also, it makes no actual difference as there is nothing your friend can do other than keep applying or give up.

To give an example, I got failed at an interview once for not knowing answers to basic questions. The question I was not able to properly answer concerned what happened inside malloc. I am a C++ programmer and have rarely even used malloc. I am not sure exactly what happens inside it (although I know what it does) and most other C++ programmers would not either.

However, the interviewer had only recently joined the bank and used to write compilers and considered this to be basic knowledge that everyone knew because all of his colleagues knew it.

I was straight on the computer and applying for somewhere else within minutes.
          Last edited by MyUserName; 17 October 2013, 13:03. Reason: Added example.
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
            How can you be sure?
            Yep, 10 years doing a job does not guarantee someone is "senior" level doing it.

Comment

Dry your eyes

Good evening everyone.

A friend of mine recently attended an interview via an agency, but didn't get the job. He suspected it was because the agent had sent in cheaper candidates to the end client also.

He asked why he was rejected and got email feedback from the end client.

However the feedback was incorrect. It stated my friend only had entry level/procedural and systematic work experience, while the end client wanted someone more 'senior' who had worked more independently and carried out investigations on their own initiative etc.

But my friend has done this more senior work for the best part of a decade... this was made clear on CV and from examples provided at interview.

Therefore the basis for rejection was false and my friend considers it libelous and defamatory.

What course of action do you think my friend should take?
              Drys your eyes (but only if youtake my remark as non libelous and defamatory)

Comment

the basis for rejection was false and my friend considers it libelous and defamatory.
                And that, dear readers, is why client's don't give feedback after failed interviews.

What course of action do you think my friend should take?
                Depends what your friend is trying to achieve. Revenge? An apology? Monetary damages? To be reconsidered for the job as a condition of dropping the libel action?

I recommend just moving on to the next interview, life's too short.
                Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Can you elaborate please?
                  Self-explanatory but...

The SAR will tell you what data is stored about your friend. When you find it is false, then sue for loss of earnings.

Comment

Worth noting that your 'friend' will need to make any subject access request under the DPA. I doubt they will disclose details to you as a third party.

Please do let me know how your 'friend' gets on. I'd be interested to see how a court would deal with this. I'd imagine any defence would centre around:

A) the definition of Senior, ultimately a subjective term.
                    B) the damages suffered are non-existent, they didn't publish it in The Daily Mail.

Also there is absolutely zero chance of winning a loss of earnings claim, assuming this was a contract role.
                    https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
                      Worth noting that your 'friend' will need to make any subject access request under the DPA. I doubt they will disclose details to you as a third party.

Please do let me know how your 'friend' gets on. I'd be interested to see how a court would deal with this. I'd imagine any defence would centre around:

A) the definition of Senior, ultimately a subjective term.
                      B) the damages suffered are non-existent, they didn't publish it in The Daily Mail.

Also there is absolutely zero chance of winning a loss of earnings claim, assuming this was a contract role.
                      That is defeatist talk. The OP's friend should fight to the bitter end on principle.

Comment

Working...
                      X