• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fired! Reasons for leaving?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lying ?

Lying on your CV is both bad and stupid.

That's not the same as "dealing with a discrepancy"...

A while back I had to do battle with Resource Solutions who are the outsourced bit of Robert Walters. The feckless bimbo I was dealing with wanted to shaft a contractor of mine over his qualifications.

The guy in question had a PhD in CompSci from Imperial and RS were arguing with me over whether he had represented it truthfully. I'd tech interviewed the guy myself and read part of his PhD thesis, she had problems even operating her phone so it got both surreal and confrontational.

If I hadn't got quite aggressive, as in going to the hiring manager and using words like "twat" about her conduct the poor guy would have been shafted.

The reality of course was the Resource Solutions were trying to keep any other agents out so that Robert Walters could slurp at the trough.
    My 12 year old is walking 26 miles for Cardiac Risk in the Young, you can sponsor him here

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
      What puts "genuine applicants" like yourself at a disadvantage is that you do not have the skills and experience that he has. You know, the sort of things a company will look for in a contractor. They don't care what you studied at university, they care about a proven history of delivering on the type of project that they are running..
      They empirically do care based on the fact that they bothered to check.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

indeed

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        But they dont check if you dont list your qualifications, or care if you have a degree or not

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Doubtful.
          A major part of banking compliance checks are there because of government regulations and red tape, not because the banks would choose themselves to have them.

Comment

I moderate a large software producer's online forums. It is entirely common for people from a particular country to ask for "real life examples". This is so they can pass at interview as though they've really done the work. Some are more upfront - "Can anyone send me sample CVs". Then there are the people who are on client site, and asking technical questions which show they've neither experience, training nor ability.

I don't care, as a hiring manager, whether people are qualified. I only care if they can do the job. But if you lie on a CV, I'd sack you, because it would be a breach of trust. Why lie? Especially when the truth can be so malleable.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
            X