• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ITIL v3 Foundation Certificate (without a course)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ITIL v3 Foundation Certificate (without a course)

I am thinking of doing the ITIL v3 certificate, I think it will be easy enough to do without a course.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced book (i.e. not over £100)? from searching this site it also seems that youtube videos may be useful.

Again, any recommendations (a search of youtube brings up to many option for me to tell what is good and what is bad).

Thanks

These are as good as any: ITIL For Dummies 2011 (Book) by Peter Farenden (2012): Waterstones.com

http://www.best-management-practice....99&Action=Book

http://www.best-management-practice....56&Action=Book
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Mind me asking why you think it will be easy enough without a course?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Deleted
        Last edited by tractor; 7 June 2013, 07:50. Reason: for telling the truth

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post

You have been warned!
          So have you.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Mind me asking why you think it will be easy enough without a course?
            Becuase he doesn't understand what it is?
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

tractor warned for beating the swear filter, not for 'telling the truth'...

Comment

Groupon have a company career match uk offering this and a load of other courses bundled up for 69 quid online training, not done it myself but thinking about it, (actually probably will do it). if you look it's running out in a day and a bit.

Comment

To be fair I'd much rather people did the Foundation in some shape or form so they understand the terminology and approach. It won't teach them anything about applying IITL* in the real world, but it makes my life a lot easier...

*not to mention ITIL...
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I think I can do it without a course because:

-other threads on CUK say the foundation is not too hard/do-able without a course
                    -I have done technical certifications after just reading the book
                    -While I have been on some great technical training courses, I have been on others that are not so good. Everyone learns at their own pace/in a different way, this does not match the one size fits all style of in classroom traning

Two questions for cojak. Is it possible to go straight to the "Passing your ITIL Foundation Exam" book without any background? Are the Cabinet Office books a bit dry? If so would I be better of with the down to earth "Dummies" book?

I am finding youtube do really seem to be putting out some good eductional videos now. Anyone got any youtube ITIL suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                    X