• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rates in Switzerland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rates in Switzerland

I've done a search, honest.

Possibility of a gig in Zug, Switzerland, only a 3 monther though. Can any of our swiss-based chums advise on what is a decent rate? Currently the "offer" is 850CHF per day. Can I live like a king or will I be watching the pennies? Accommodation looks a bit on the steep side and so do flights. From englishforum.ch it looks like everything else is equally expensive (beer, meat etc). The rate is all-inclusive.

I'm currently at clientco with a 1 week notice period until May but don't want to burn any bridges unless it's worth it.

Any advice?
    I'd give my right dick to be normal.....

Originally posted by Runs With Scissors View Post
    I've done a search, honest.

Possibility of a gig in Zug, Switzerland, only a 3 monther though. Can any of our swiss-based chums advise on what is a decent rate? Currently the "offer" is 850CHF per day. Can I live like a king or will I be watching the pennies? Accommodation looks a bit on the steep side and so do flights. From englishforum.ch it looks like everything else is equally expensive (beer, meat etc). The rate is all-inclusive.

I'm currently at clientco with a 1 week notice period until May but don't want to burn any bridges unless it's worth it.

Any advice?
    Don't do it - not enough - might be ok to keep even but last time I was in Zurich area it was 8 quid a pint, 25 quid for a pizza etc.

I paid 23 quid for fish and chips cos I craved it and it was rank!

That was ZU Altstadt tho....

Comment

Gosh! And there was me on 350CH (+exes - those were the days...) in 2003.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Have you searched the forums to see if anyone has asked this before?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Have you searched the forums to see if anyone has asked this before?
          See I asked... Here is the link to the search...

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=swi...w=1280&bih=939

which will find stuff like...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...k-citzens.html

http://forums.contractoruk.com/umbre...itzerland.html

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...itzerland.html

as well as loads of stuff you will need to know about if you do go ahead.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

850 is a gr8 rate, sign up.

Check the price of hotels, flats flights etc.

My experience is you can get costs down if you look around. I was paying 1100 CHF a month for a furnished flat in Zürich. Zug is more expensive, as it´s quite exclusive, where all the tax avoiders live. I would imagine the big hotels would cost CHF 120 per night but perhaps there may be cheaper Bed & Breakfast places around.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Wheres Spartan? Aint he in Switzerland?
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

850CHF is equivalent, in terms of standard of living, to ~£300 a day.

post and response deleted.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I was there for just one week in August last year, and it is MEGA expensive over there. I thought London was bad, but Switzerland is a new league.

As others have said, take away curry £31, thai £28. No not for the whole family, just for one.

Even popping into supermarket for a sandwich is not cheap.

Be very careful on the rate you accept, especially consider accomodation, misc expenses and travel as well.
                  Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    post and response deleted.
                    Why? What was the problem?

Comment

Working...
                    X