• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working hours

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some clients are twats that is clear. But like someone said, I know theres all this D+C stuff but most of them dont give a rats arse about your personal situation.

Then again a lot will try to tell you what to do with regards to holidays / time etc.

Im not sure about this agreeing at the interview stage unless its a show stopper for you. Puts clients off when you're on about leaving early before you even started.

But, if I was in your situation, like others have said, I'd just do it and see what happens. Chances are they wont moan about it but if they do, then you know what they think and its time to get another contract.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Some clients are twats that is clear. But like someone said, I know theres all this D+C stuff but most of them dont give a rats arse about your personal situation.

Then again a lot will try to tell you what to do with regards to holidays / time etc.

Im not sure about this agreeing at the interview stage unless its a show stopper for you. Puts clients off when you're on about leaving early before you even started.

But, if I was in your situation, like others have said, I'd just do it and see what happens. Chances are they wont moan about it but if they do, then you know what they think and its time to get another contract.
      There is a fine line calling the clients though. A client paying for an expensive contractor expects to work them hard and take no crap. You can hardly call a client a twat for wanting their pound of flesh and not being flexible with moaning contractors. There is a line that can be crossed as well I agree but still.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        There is a fine line calling the clients though. A client paying for an expensive contractor expects to work them hard and take no crap. You can hardly call a client a twat for wanting their pound of flesh and not being flexible with moaning contractors. There is a line that can be crossed as well I agree but still.
        I agree with you. If client is paying top dollar then they dont want any hassle off you.

BUT, whereas most play the game fairly and allow a bit of give and take, there are those who have a chip on their shoulder. They seem to think that because they are paying a premium its their right to screw the contractor for as many hours per day as they can.

For instance, I remember a recent post where the client told contractor he was a temp and had to have last choice of holidays. Talk about treating contractor like crap.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X