• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

3 Interviews then silence.........

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunatley this is the modern world , I have lost count the amount of times i have asked for feedback and just been ignored.
    people have no manners end of.

Comment

Agents are abusing the market presently having multiple candidates. Best is to push towards your own marketing and sales.

Comment

Agents have always presented multiple candidates given the chance.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
          I disagree. Fair enough, you don't expect feedback from every CV you send out, but I do expect the courtesy of a simple "yes" or "no" from an interview I've spent my time attending. Any agency or client that doesn't observe that small courtesy isn't someone I'd entertain interviewing with/through again.
          You might think it's impolite or even unprofessional - in fact I'd agree with you - but disagreeing this is normal would seem to fly in the face of fact.

How many agencies are on your 'no' list from pursuing this policy? And what do you say/do when one of them phones you up to discuss a role?

Also... 3 interviews?!
          Last edited by d000hg; 17 October 2012, 20:46.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by BS1397 View Post
            Sorry but I can't tolerate the bad manners and lack of basic courtesy.
            Are you sure you're cut out to be a contractor?
            Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

I've noticed a major change in agency attitude in the last year. At the start there was a lot on the bench and a handful of roles, i went out to every agency on oilcareers and had to follow up with all but 2 of them. No agent would call me to update me on the roles i was a perfect fit for.

Now its a contractors market I get 2 calls a week and loads of linkedin stalkers, everyone's my 'mate', persuading me to cut current contract short as they can easily get me better rates.

Agents obviously have to spend their time the way they see fit but the ones who ignored me at the start of the year are way down the list when it comes to a new gig but i'd never turn an agent away for no feedback.

Comment

We might wish it was different but it isnt and it wont change.
                First - Forget feedback - most clients don't give more than I want them, these are a no, end of.
                Second - First time an agent tries to give candidate feedback, they didn't like this or that and gets a big argument back, they decide NEVER to bother again and if pressed they go with, really liked you, another chap just had a bit more experience, worked there before blah blah.
                You will drive yourself mad unless you can roll with this and play the game.

Comment

Working...
                X