• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

3 Interviews then silence.........

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 Interviews then silence.........

Went for 3 interviews for a reasonable contract. Before then end of the first interview I was told that I'd definately be seen for a second etc.

Dropped everything to go at short notice. All 3 interviews seemed to go really really well but can I get a response from the agent now? Nada...zilch. He's either 'away' or just doesn't respond.

Originally posted by mac101 View Post
    Went for 3 interviews for a reasonable contract. Before then end of the first interview I was told that I'd definately be seen for a second etc.

Dropped everything to go at short notice. All 3 interviews seemed to go really really well but can I get a response from the agent now? Nada...zilch. He's either 'away' or just doesn't respond.
    Is there a question in there somewhere? If there is, I'm not sure I can work out what it is

Comment

Originally posted by JamJarST View Post
      Is there a question in there somewhere? If there is, I'm not sure I can work out what it is
      can I get a response from the agent now?
      The answer is no. And the OP will have to move on. It happens.

Comment

That means you didn't get it. Move on.

Agents are paid on placing people. If you are not going to earn him any revenue you are dead to him. The slience is your response. If he wants your phone will be ringing off the hook.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          That means you didn't get it. Move on.

Agents are paid on placing people. If you are not going to earn him any revenue you are dead to him. The slience is your response. If he wants your phone will be ringing off the hook.
          Still pretty bad though in my opinion.

My experience was that you always got some feedback from an interview even if it was negative, recently though, it does seem to be that the silent treatment is the norm these days. I think that it is downright rude and uprofessional to not provide feedback especially when you may have forgone a day's income and travelled for some distance. Contrary to what most might think, my recent experience has shown that it is more the client (a certain large bank in particular) rather than the agent that is guilty of this.

Comment

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
            Still pretty bad though in my opinion.

My experience was that you always got some feedback from an interview even if it was negative, recently though, it does seem to be that the silent treatment is the norm these days. I think that it is downright rude and uprofessional to not provide feedback especially when you may have forgone a day's income and travelled for some distance. Contrary to what most might think, my recent experience has shown that it is more the client (a certain large bank in particular) rather than the agent that is guilty of this.
            It is indeed but it is the way it is has been and always will be so best to change tact and deal with it rather than get upset unfortunately.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Agreed. When you hear nothing you didn't get it. Quite normal. You see of course you're perfect for the job, but so was the other guy, obviously in their eyes slightly better, cheaper whatever. Maybe they tossed a coin or maybe they couldn't decide but he had 1 year more experience, so they just used that.

They might suddenly phone out the blue, that sometimes happens. Just keep looking and don't pin your hopes on one contract, you should always be looking ahead chasing up 2 or 3 leads.

If you have 5 brilliant candidates you can only choose one of them.
              Last edited by BlasterBates; 2 October 2012, 14:54.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Not close enough

If the agent thinks there is a chance that you were successful he would get back to you and start making up excuses, like the client has gone on sick leave

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

.......If you are not going to earn him any revenue you are dead to him. ......

Perfect description of an agent

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    Agreed. When you hear nothing you didn't get it. Quite normal. You see of course you're perfect for the job, but so was the other guy, obviously in their eyes slightly better, cheaper whatever. Maybe they tossed a coin or maybe they couldn't decide but he had 1 year more experience, so they just used that.

They might suddenly phone out the blue, that sometimes happens. Just keep looking and don't pin your hopes on one contract, you should always be looking ahead chasing up 2 or 3 leads.

If you have 5 brilliant candidates you can only choose one of them.
                    I disagree. Fair enough, you don't expect feedback from every CV you send out, but I do expect the courtesy of a simple "yes" or "no" from an interview I've spent my time attending. Any agency or client that doesn't observe that small courtesy isn't someone I'd entertain interviewing with/through again.

Comment

Working...
                    X