• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reed contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    Can't believe any contractor would be dumb enough to sign up to a term like that...

Unless the client was paying a good 10%+ above a decent rate in the first place.
    WHS. By all means, when the contract comes up for renewal then all parties can negotiate, but it's not something to agree up front.

Include a new clause in the contract which says that if the total contract time is over 7 months, a rate rise of 15% will be incurred. When they complain, offer to remove it once they remove their equally ludicrous clause.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

And keep looking for something else - this sounds a pretty crappy deal to me.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

You may find that it's not the client doing it.

Call their bluff. Ask for a fixed 12 month rate of £522.50...
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          And keep looking for something else - this sounds a pretty crappy deal to me.
          Yeah going to keep looking, but current client can only offer 3 months renewal and there have been rates cut here already that I've missed but don't think I can dodge them much longer, so may be at this stage 6 months is better.

It's not the agent as I'm dealing direct with the end client I know the manager so will ask if they can factor in the rate cut so rather than £550 pay me £600 he might go with that.
          Last edited by Bumfluff; 13 October 2011, 11:53.

Comment

If it is Reed and they are talking about 10% cuts can I take a stab at this one being a bank?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
              Can't believe any contractor would be dumb enough to sign up to a term like that...

Unless the client was paying a good 10%+ above a decent rate in the first place.
              Anyone who wants a job with Lloyds will have to sign up for it. Simple as that.
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                Anyone who wants a job with Lloyds will have to sign up for it. Simple as that.
                Yeah this is them, contract looks ok being reviewed but then there is an additional page that says 'if you earn over £111 a day you will be subject to 10% cut at 6 months'

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
                  Yeah this is them, contract looks ok being reviewed but then there is an additional page that says 'if you earn over £111 a day you will be subject to 10% cut at 6 months'
                  If you fancy the role, then you could just take it and not extend.

Or when the time comes, negotiate for an increase / no decrease.

If you've nothing else in the pipeline, then take it and don't worry until nearer the time. Still seems a crappy idea to actually put this in writing up front, though.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                  X