• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Reed contracts

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Reed contracts"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
    Yeah this is them, contract looks ok being reviewed but then there is an additional page that says 'if you earn over £111 a day you will be subject to 10% cut at 6 months'
    If you fancy the role, then you could just take it and not extend.

Or when the time comes, negotiate for an increase / no decrease.

If you've nothing else in the pipeline, then take it and don't worry until nearer the time. Still seems a crappy idea to actually put this in writing up front, though.

Leave a comment:

• Bumfluff
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Anyone who wants a job with Lloyds will have to sign up for it. Simple as that.
    Yeah this is them, contract looks ok being reviewed but then there is an additional page that says 'if you earn over £111 a day you will be subject to 10% cut at 6 months'

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    Can't believe any contractor would be dumb enough to sign up to a term like that...

Unless the client was paying a good 10%+ above a decent rate in the first place.
    Anyone who wants a job with Lloyds will have to sign up for it. Simple as that.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    If it is Reed and they are talking about 10% cuts can I take a stab at this one being a bank?

Leave a comment:

• Bumfluff
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    And keep looking for something else - this sounds a pretty crappy deal to me.
    Yeah going to keep looking, but current client can only offer 3 months renewal and there have been rates cut here already that I've missed but don't think I can dodge them much longer, so may be at this stage 6 months is better.

It's not the agent as I'm dealing direct with the end client I know the manager so will ask if they can factor in the rate cut so rather than £550 pay me £600 he might go with that.
    Last edited by Bumfluff; 13 October 2011, 11:53.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    You may find that it's not the client doing it.

Call their bluff. Ask for a fixed 12 month rate of £522.50...

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    And keep looking for something else - this sounds a pretty crappy deal to me.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    Can't believe any contractor would be dumb enough to sign up to a term like that...

Unless the client was paying a good 10%+ above a decent rate in the first place.
    WHS. By all means, when the contract comes up for renewal then all parties can negotiate, but it's not something to agree up front.

Include a new clause in the contract which says that if the total contract time is over 7 months, a rate rise of 15% will be incurred. When they complain, offer to remove it once they remove their equally ludicrous clause.

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Sorry, what I meant was, that any new contractor they take on will have a term in their contract that states if you are renewed after the initial 6 months the rate on renewal will include a 10% cut, so £550 first 6 months then renew and it will be £495.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post

and you are going to accept that ?
    Can't you just strike it out ?
    Yeah right, the chances of that are?????

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Thanks waiting for contract now though they did pre-warn me about 1 term and thats an enforced 10% rate cut after 6 months bummer

and you are going to accept that ?
    Can't you just strike it out ?

Leave a comment:

• Bumfluff
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    What?
    Sorry, what I meant was, that any new contractor they take on will have a term in their contract that states if you are renewed after the initial 6 months the rate on renewal will include a 10% cut, so £550 first 6 months then renew and it will be £495.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Thanks waiting for contract now though they did pre-warn me about 1 term and thats an enforced 10% rate cut after 6 months bummer
    What?

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    What's in the contract is, to a degree, irrelevant; if your working practises put you inside it won't really matter what's written on the contract if you should be unlucky enough to be investigated

Leave a comment:

• Bumfluff
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Agreed. Reed is also a big agency with different offices. You cannot assume they are all using the same contract let alone the same version.

Assume nothing and get it checked. IR35 is our issue not the agents so they won't be bending over backwards to make sure we are happy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X