• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reed contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reed contracts

Just had an offer but its direct and would be forced to use Reed, I'm waiting for there contract to get review but does anyone know if their standard contract is IR35 compliant ?

Problem is - you don't know if you have a standard contract, or whether the client's legal dept has attempted to justify their existance with a few choice clauses of their own - and of course, those are the ones that will bite you.
    World's Best Martini

Comment

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
      Problem is - you don't know if you have a standard contract, or whether the client's legal dept has attempted to justify their existance with a few choice clauses of their own - and of course, those are the ones that will bite you.
      Agreed. Reed is also a big agency with different offices. You cannot assume they are all using the same contract let alone the same version.

Assume nothing and get it checked. IR35 is our issue not the agents so they won't be bending over backwards to make sure we are happy.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Agreed. Reed is also a big agency with different offices. You cannot assume they are all using the same contract let alone the same version.

Assume nothing and get it checked. IR35 is our issue not the agents so they won't be bending over backwards to make sure we are happy.
        Thanks waiting for contract now though they did pre-warn me about 1 term and thats an enforced 10% rate cut after 6 months bummer

Comment

What's in the contract is, to a degree, irrelevant; if your working practises put you inside it won't really matter what's written on the contract if you should be unlucky enough to be investigated
          Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
            Thanks waiting for contract now though they did pre-warn me about 1 term and thats an enforced 10% rate cut after 6 months bummer
            What?
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              What?
              Sorry, what I meant was, that any new contractor they take on will have a term in their contract that states if you are renewed after the initial 6 months the rate on renewal will include a 10% cut, so £550 first 6 months then renew and it will be £495.

Comment

and you are going to accept that ?
                Can't you just strike it out ?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post

and you are going to accept that ?
                  Can't you just strike it out ?
                  Yeah right, the chances of that are?????
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Sorry, what I meant was, that any new contractor they take on will have a term in their contract that states if you are renewed after the initial 6 months the rate on renewal will include a 10% cut, so £550 first 6 months then renew and it will be £495.
                    Can't believe any contractor would be dumb enough to sign up to a term like that...

Unless the client was paying a good 10%+ above a decent rate in the first place.
                    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Working...
                    X