• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LinkedIn and agencies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluedrop View Post
    You can edit your account settings on linkedin so that only you can see your connections..
    This.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
      Then dont link to them until you get an interview through them! It really isnt hard.
      You need to be thinking further in the future than the contract you're applying for now.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I set my contacts to private years ago, because I got tired of agents ransacking their way through my associates while keeping theirs private. Although I linked into an agent last week and the chap had all 300 of his connections wide open. What a nice chap.

Comment

There is no point in ever accepting a goon's LinkedIn request. If a goon genuinely thinks he can place you, and you ignore his LinkedIn request, he is still going to want to try and place you, so he can make his fat commission. And if he is not really after you, then obviously there is no point either.
          Der going over der to get der der's.

Comment

You can make your connections private but as far as I know if someone has premium account with Linked they may still be able to access your full profile.

Comment

Originally posted by mobi View Post
              You can make your connections private but as far as I know if someone has premium account with Linked they may still be able to access your full profile.
              I have premium and can re-assure you that I can't see hidden connections.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                I set my contacts to private years ago, because I got tired of agents ransacking their way through my associates while keeping theirs private. Although I linked into an agent last week and the chap had all 300 of his connections wide open. What a nice chap.
                Always surprises me somewhat that a lot of people do not realise you can hide your connections details. I did so years ago.
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
                X