• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£550/day vs £70k

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£550/day vs £70k

So £550/day outside IR35 or £70k perm with normal benefits. Same role same company.

WWYD ?!!

For me the £550/day would just edge it, but gets one thinking doesn't it....?

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    So £550/day outside IR35 or £70k perm with normal benefits. Same role same company.

WWYD ?!!

550 a day is £70 an hour so tallys up. Personally I would take the £120,000 a year option tho.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Um, £550 a day is a lot more money than £70K.

HTH
      Cats are evil.

Comment

Take the contract - no question about it

Comment

Put it this way, if you take the 550 contract you'll have a lot more money in the bank at the end of the year. If you take the permie you'll have an "intangible benefit", you're less likely to be on the bench, you can be ill, a slightly better pension, you will have attended internal seminars and be "more valuable" and a gym card,

So what do you want 30-40 grand extra in the bank or "intangibles", your choice.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            So what do you want 30-40 grand extra in the bank or "intangibles", your choice
            What is the gurantee ?
            The 70K is no gurantee, but this additional 30-40K is even less.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post

WWYD ?!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                Take your point but current contract arrangement would take 'standard' IR35 friendly factors into account - contract wording, flexibility of location etc

For me it would be the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  550 a day is £70 an hour so tallys up. Personally I would take the £120,000 a year option tho.
                  +1

Comment

Mmmm, contractor website, and you ask this!

Contract all the way.
                    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
                    X