• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yawn.... this bench is bl00dy uncomfortable

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got an offer today after 2 months on the bench.

Money ain't great (20% less than usual) but a 20 minute walk from my flat

Comment

Went for the 1st interview on Wednesday, 2nd interview this morning and was offered a contract, starting Monday. Just had a phone call to tell me that they are puting the contract on hold till May!!!!!!!!!

W******

Comment

Originally posted by TOSH1 View Post
        Went for the 1st interview on Wednesday, 2nd interview this morning and was offered a contract, starting Monday. Just had a phone call to tell me that they are puting the contract on hold till May!!!!!!!!!

W******

Sorry to hear that.

What sort of organisation - public or private sector? What sector - finance, manufacturing, tech, services?

Comment

Originally posted by TOSH1 View Post

W******
          Ahhh, I hate it when that happens. You may feel like calling them a now but don't burn your bridges - send them a polite response telling thethat you are still interested and to keep you in mind.

May is only 5 weeks away.....
          Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Working...
          X