• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

chasing unpaid invoices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    I know who they are after reading old threads, read the original message which was pre-empting Malvolio, and the subsequent wink from Malvolio. I just don't think it'll work in this case but I may give it a whirl.

It's 10Kish. A tricky figure in that lawyers will quickly eat it away. I've spoke to a solicitor mate and he advised do it myself for that reason. The problem is if costs on their side climb and you don't win a straight vistory. I've now properly read up on County V Small Claims etc

Gentle persuasion for a while yet !
    Apologies to Tim123, I know what you are saying now, I thought there was also a service behind it but got myself in a debt chasing crazed state of confusion

Rang the bank and despite nothing in my account they confirmed a part payment is on it's way via BACS. Still no explanation of what is going on but things are looking up a little.

Comment

I'm sure nobody gives a tulip ! But, I got paid my outstanding money.

Gentle persuasion worked, the first nasty letter was written and ready for sending on Monday. All is well that ends well but some people make me

Comment

Good news indeed.

What prompted the payout? Did you actually send the letter or was it coming anyway?

Comment

nah, we're all with ya toots!

seriously though, well done. it's not a nice situation to be in and it doesn't always work out so well!

Comment

I'm sure nobody gives a tulip ! But, I got paid my outstanding money.

Gentle persuasion worked, the first nasty letter was written and ready for sending on Monday. All is well that ends well but some people make me
            Actually, we do!

Good on ya.

Now we just have to see if Mary Poppins gets sorted..
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Good news.

I got to the stage once where I sent the final demand "I will take legal proceedings if you do not pay this invoice within 7 says" to the consultancy accounts department, copies to the home addresses of each director.

Got a cheque two days later. And it didn't bounce.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I'm sure nobody gives a tulip !
                If we didn't care, you wouldn't have had any answers.

But, I got paid my outstanding money.
                Well done! (And thank you for the update.)
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Thanks for your concern and advice !

I didn't send anything official, once I realised the consultancy boss ( and paymaster ) was blanking me I just dealt with the agent who placed me and who still has an ongoing relationship with the consultancy. Pointed out a few things and that seemed to do the trick. I was digging in for a long battle but obviously pleased it has been resolved quickly and relatively pain free.

Comment

Big result - congrats. Think there might even be a career for you in debt collection

Comment

Originally posted by Nexxy View Post
                      Big result - congrats. Think there might even be a career for you in debt collection
                      A nasty business, I'll stick to pleb contracting. A mate in the building trade once talked me through the list of services ( and the costs ) available via his 'debt collecting agency'. As well as the routine services such as a good beating and a broken leg there was an option involving behinds and penetration, not very nice but I suspect has a good percentage return on your debt.

Comment

Working...
                      X